inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jimmy Carter in Hospice Care

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/23 at 3:33 pm

Legendary one-term President of the United States Jimmy Carter has reportedly entered hospice care at the age of 98.  :-\\

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/18/politics/jimmy-carter/index.html

No specific illness has been mentioned but he’s had cancer bouts in the past. Looks like he won’t be joining The 100 Club.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Jimmy Carter in Hospice Care

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/19/23 at 10:10 am

I, for one, admire him and think he was a good - not a great - president, but more important, a good and kind human being

Written By: nally on 02/19/23 at 11:17 am

I, for one, admire him and think he was a good - not a great - president, but more important, a good and kind human being

Well said. O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/19/23 at 11:22 am

Sad to hear this.  He has done many great things.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/19/23 at 2:06 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I was not a Carter fan when he was in office. After he left the White House, I read that he was building houses. I was surprised. I started looking at him in a different light. Now, I admire him for the amazing humanitarian that he is and the world could use more of. This will be a poorer world when he leaves it.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/19/23 at 2:24 pm

I remember when Jimmy did an interview with Playboy mag.

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/interview-with-playboy-magazine

He confessed to “having looked at a lot women with lust.”  :o ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/23 at 6:25 am

I wish him well.

He was the first US President I truly became aware of.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/23/23 at 1:55 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I was not a Carter fan when he was in office. After he left the White House, I read that he was building houses. I was surprised. I started looking at him in a different light. Now, I admire him for the amazing humanitarian that he is and the world could use more of. This will be a poorer world when he leaves it.

Cat

He is very well respected, regardless of political views. Especially in recent years (I think it was 2019-ish) when immediately after surgery he went right back to building houses at almost 95. I was hoping he could have lived well past 100. He will be missed for sure.

Written By: nally on 02/23/23 at 10:53 pm

He is very well respected, regardless of political views. Especially in recent years (I think it was 2019-ish) when immediately after surgery he went right back to building houses at almost 95.

...which is quite remarkable. I'm glad he was able to do all that.

He was the first US President I truly became aware of.

He was President when I was born, but I have no actual memories of his presidency because he left office half a year later.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/23 at 3:03 am

He is very well respected, regardless of political views. Especially in recent years (I think it was 2019-ish) when immediately after surgery he went right back to building houses at almost 95. I was hoping he could have lived well past 100. He will be missed for sure.

That's a great accomplishment for sure.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/24/23 at 5:25 am

He was President when I was born, but I have no actual memories of his presidency because he left office half a year later.

Same. I was born in late 1978 so Reagan is the first president I remember.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/24/23 at 5:47 am

I remember Eisenhower.  8)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/24/23 at 10:12 am

I remember Eisenhower.  8)

Yea, me to
Damn we're old

Written By: Howard on 02/24/23 at 3:53 pm

I was born in 1974, during that year Nixon was impeached.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/23 at 4:11 pm

Kennedy was pres when I was born but I don't remember him. The first pres I remember was Nixon-but I do remember when Johnson died.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/24/23 at 7:30 pm

I was born in 1974, during that year Nixon was impeached.

He actually resigned from office that year. He did not actually get impeached, but he likely would have if he hadn’t resigned.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/23 at 2:50 am

He actually resigned from office that year. He did not actually get impeached, but he likely would have if he hadn’t resigned.

August 8th,1974.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/25/23 at 9:55 am

And he would have been convicted and removed from office.  In those days Republicans had some integrity

Written By: nally on 02/25/23 at 10:15 am

August 8th,1974.

It was the next day that Nixon actually left office via resignation, and Gerald Ford took over.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/23 at 12:45 pm

And he would have been convicted and removed from office.  In those days Republicans had some integrity

Correct. Nixon resigning was so that he could save face. It was essentially the equivalent of an employer saying to an employee "I'll expect your resignation on my desk in the morning".

Written By: Howard on 02/25/23 at 3:10 pm

It was the next day that Nixon actually left office via resignation, and Gerald Ford took over.

My Mother had saved the newspaper but after a while the pages became all yellowed and wound up throwing it out.

Written By: tv on 02/25/23 at 6:58 pm

Yeah same here being born in November 1979.

Check for new replies or respond here...