inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TRUMP INDICTED!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/23 at 5:38 pm

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or on the political board. But, this is current events so it can go here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/?noredirect=on

Cat

Subject: Re: TRUMP INDICTED!

Written By: nally on 03/30/23 at 11:40 pm

It's about darn time! I see he's been charged with his role in the "hush money" incident. I wonder if he'll get more charges? Would serve him right. ::)

Written By: Howard on 03/31/23 at 3:00 am

It's about darn time! I see he's been charged with his role in the "hush money" incident. I wonder if he'll get more charges? Would serve him right. ::)

And I wonder as to how much jail time he will serve?

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/31/23 at 9:30 am

And I wonder as to how much jail time he will serve?

First things first.  He needs to be convicted, then we can talk about jail time.  My guess is a  suspended sentence on this one

Written By: karen on 03/31/23 at 11:48 am

https://www.tiktok.com/@fallontonight/video/7216487784956185899

Written By: Emman on 03/31/23 at 1:12 pm

This is some arrest the political opposition "third world" type sheesh, this country is quickly turning into a banana republic :D.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/31/23 at 1:21 pm

https://www.tiktok.com/@fallontonight/video/7216487784956185899

Good one.

The Capital Steps did a parody like that a long time ago (before Trump was in the White House).

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61CKGW2WXWL._SY355_.jpg

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/23 at 1:40 pm

Donald Trump
Got the hump
On something he's been invited
To his fury
By the Grand Jury
For he has been indicted

Written By: Howard on 03/31/23 at 3:08 pm

First things first.  He needs to be convicted, then we can talk about jail time.  My guess is a suspended sentence on this one

More than 30?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/23 at 5:29 pm

https://media.makeameme.org/created/went-you-drop.jpg

Written By: Elor on 04/01/23 at 2:23 am

Donald Trump
Got the hump
On something he's been invited
To his fury
By the Grand Jury
For he has been indicted

Thanks, because of the poem I now know that I would have mispronounced indicted.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/23 at 2:43 am

Maybe after they indict him, they should cut his hair too.

Written By: karen on 04/01/23 at 3:36 am

Thanks, because of the poem I now know that I would have mispronounced indicted.

It is a funny word, definitely not pronounced the way it looks.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/01/23 at 9:42 am

https://media.makeameme.org/created/went-you-drop.jpg

If he ever does see jail time it will be in a "country club" jail, the ones for white collar elite

Written By: nally on 04/01/23 at 10:11 am

It is a funny word, definitely not pronounced the way it looks.

Yeah, when I first came across the word (many ages ago), I did not realize that the C was silent.

Written By: nally on 04/01/23 at 10:13 am

Good one.

The Capital Steps did a parody like that a long time ago (before Trump was in the White House).

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61CKGW2WXWL._SY355_.jpg

Cat

O0

I saw them twice (2006 and 2012). The first time, they performed that song (which I think was the title track from the album that they released that year). The title would certainly apply now!

Written By: Howard on 04/01/23 at 2:55 pm

If he ever does see jail time it will be in a "country club" jail, the ones for white collar elite

And have them shave his head. >:(

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/01/23 at 5:27 pm

We might find out if the hair is actually real.

Written By: Howard on 04/02/23 at 2:38 am

We might find out if the hair is actually real.

What does he put on his hair to make it look like that all the time?

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/02/23 at 10:18 am

What does he put on his hair to make it look like that all the time?

Gobs and gobs of Brill Cream

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/02/23 at 12:12 pm

O0

I saw them twice (2006 and 2012). The first time, they performed that song (which I think was the title track from the album that they released that year). The title would certainly apply now!

Have seen them many times and have several albums-including that one. The problem with their albums-as funny as they are, they get dated very quickly. They don't really age very well.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/02/23 at 3:17 pm

Gobs and gobs of Brill Cream

That's not good for the hair.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/02/23 at 3:22 pm

That's not good for the hair.

A little dab’ll do ya.

o6F4GtyRfto

Written By: philbo on 04/03/23 at 9:16 am

This is some arrest the political opposition "third world" type sheesh, this country is quickly turning into a banana republic :D.

Ya think?

Did you say that when Michael Cohen went to prison for the same offence?

Which part of the alleged offence is made up? Surely it would be far more "banana republic" to allow someone rich and powerful to get away with committing crimes?

Trump has said there was no affair, do you think he's telling the truth?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/23 at 12:37 pm

Is it all going to happen tomorrow?

Written By: Howard on 04/03/23 at 3:06 pm

Is it all going to happen tomorrow?

He will come to New York to get fingerprinted.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/23 at 3:07 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrgSFU9WwAAtTaH?format=jpg&name=small

Written By: nally on 04/03/23 at 10:34 pm

I don't think I've ever seen/heard him tell the truth.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/23 at 2:48 am

He's almost always lying.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/04/23 at 6:32 am

He's almost always lying.

And his lies are usually so far-fetched that they are not believable.

Written By: philbo on 04/04/23 at 6:55 am

He's very much like our own Boris Johnson in that respect: both of them appear to believe that reality is whatever they want it to be, and get incredibly indignant when someone points out the actual world. It's hard to credit just why these people have such popular appeal: millions have voted for (and a remarkably high percentage appear to still support) these two, even though it's no secret that they're incapable of being honest.

But for both of them, the accusation of "lying" is much harder to make stick: a lie is a knowingly-told untruth, and neither of them care enough about the truth to know whether what they're saying is or not. For me, this makes them both so fundamentally untrustworthy they shouldn't be allowed to run anything that impacts anyone else, ever. It's disappointing that so many thing otherwise.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/23 at 7:52 am

He is incapable of telling the truth. He wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the @$$.

Cat

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/04/23 at 8:58 am

There are some people who believe that he had the best Christian morals of any president in the entire history of the US, lol

Written By: Elor on 04/04/23 at 9:35 am

well, they're obviously good enough for about 50% of the American voters...

Written By: philbo on 04/04/23 at 10:10 am

well, they're obviously good enough for about 50% of the American voters...

47% of the voters, 66% turnout.. so about 31% of the electorate. That's still a ridiculous number who listen to his brainless, self-serving drivel and think "hey, this person should run the country!"

There are some people who believe that he had the best Christian morals of any president in the entire history of the US, lol

Yeah, I'm not sure how these people maintain their faith - obviously, reality isn't going to sway them, though I thought their bible had something about not worshipping craven idols.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/04/23 at 10:25 am

Yeah, I'm not sure how these people maintain their faith - obviously, reality isn't going to sway them, though I thought their bible had something about not worshipping craven idols.

That's graven idols.

As seen in:

Exodus 20:4
Leviticus 26:1
Deuteronomy 4:16
Deuteronomy 5:8

etc.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/23 at 3:15 pm

I remember a few years ago he told people to drink bleach to help rid of COVID! ::)

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/04/23 at 4:05 pm

I remember a few years ago he told people to drink bleach to help rid of COVID! ::)

Yeah, he handled COVID-19 better than any president has ever done in the past (I believe he's made that claim before). He also bragged about the US handling it better than any other nation in the world. Also remember this quote? "One day it will be gone, like a miracle".

Yeah, I wouldn't go to church that forces people to vote and support for him. They are actually more like cults. Many think that just because he is pro-life/anti-abortion and helped get Roe v. Wade overturned he is 100% perfect.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/23 at 4:14 pm

Yeah, he handled COVID-19 better than any president has ever done in the past (I believe he's made that claim before). He also bragged about the US handling it better than any other nation in the world. Also remember this quote? "One day it will be gone, like a miracle".

Yeah, I wouldn't go to church that forces people to vote and support for him. They are actually more like cults. Many think that just because he is pro-life/anti-abortion and helped get Roe v. Wade overturned he is 100% perfect.

They aren't pro-life, they are pro-forced-pregnancies. But that is another issue.

I'm not a Christian but I seem to recall the Bible saying something about beware of false prophets (only in Trump's case it could be false profits).

Cat

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/04/23 at 4:22 pm

So during today's hearing he pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of the alleged conspiracy to undermine the integrity of the 2016 election. After that he returned to Mar-a-Lago.

They aren't pro-life, they are pro-forced-pregnancies. But that is another issue.

I'm not a Christian but I seem to recall the Bible saying something about beware of false prophets (only in Trump's case it could be false profits).

Cat

I definitely believe the Bible over the church-folks and their (mis)interpretation of the Bible. He definitely fits the bill as one of the false prophets, and closer to the anti-Christ than Christ himself. People actually have compared him to Jesus, and the Democrats are like modern day Pharisees.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/23 at 4:32 pm

So during today's hearing he pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of the alleged conspiracy to undermine the integrity of the 2016 election. After that he returned to Mar-a-Lago.

I definitely believe the Bible over the church-folks and their (mis)interpretation of the Bible. He definitely fits the bill as one of the false prophets, and closer to the anti-Christ than Christ himself. People actually have compared him to Jesus, and the Democrats are like modern day Pharisees.

I just keep telling myself, this too, shall pass.

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/04/23 at 7:56 pm

He is incapable of telling the truth. He wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the @$$.

Cat

Exactly! Or if it hit im on the head like a ton of bricks.

Written By: philbo on 04/05/23 at 3:46 am

That's graven idols.

Yeah, it was an intentional play on words, because he is such an utter coward.

Written By: Howard on 04/05/23 at 7:42 am

And look where we are 3 years later, he's such a dumbass! ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/05/23 at 7:43 am

So when is his jail sentence?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/05/23 at 2:27 pm

So when is his jail sentence?

He has to be convicted first.

Cat

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/05/23 at 5:28 pm

And look where we are 3 years later, he's such a dumbass! ::)

Not to defend him but for all we know that "one day" could be in 2027. He didn't specify which day.

Written By: nally on 04/05/23 at 7:57 pm

Cat

Let's hope it happens.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/23 at 2:11 am

Cat
Soon we hope?

Written By: Howard on 04/06/23 at 2:46 am

Not to defend him but for all we know that "one day" could be in 2027. He didn't specify which day.

I guess he'll start running for president again.

Written By: Howard on 04/06/23 at 2:47 am

Soon we hope?

I hope he don't drop the soap.

Written By: Mitch Kramer on 04/06/23 at 3:39 am

Cat

Soon we hope?

From what I understand (disclaimer: IANAL), the prosecutor is using a somewhat novel application of the law.  Trump's team could drag the case out past the next election with endless appeals, all the way up to the Supreme Court.

The other cases against him are more straightforward, and, from a political perspective, much more damaging.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/23 at 4:16 am

From what I understand (disclaimer: IANAL), the prosecutor is using a somewhat novel application of the law.  Trump's team could drag the case out past the next election with endless appeals, all the way up to the Supreme Court.

The other cases against him are more straightforward, and, from a political perspective, much more damaging.

I believe there are 34 charges against DT, so can that mean 34 appeals?

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/06/23 at 5:11 am

I hope he don't drop the soap.

Soap on a rope is the way to go.

Written By: philbo on 04/06/23 at 5:27 am

That the financial crimes would normally be a misdemeanour, but they've chosen to up the level by tying in that they were used to stop a story getting out prior to an election?

It's like a "Who wants to be a millionaire" scenario: "You have 34 misdemeanour counts in the bank - do you want to risk it all by doubling down to make them felony charges?"

I'm truly surprised that the Georgia phone call has taken so long to get to court: with what is public knowledge, it seems that a charge of trying to influence an election official is undeniable (which Trump obviously knows, hence his hammering of it as "a perfect phone call, even more perfect than the one to Ukraine") - if he manages to run again without that (& his attempts to influence the results in Arizona) going through the courts, it will be like there has been no serious attempt to hold him to account whatsoever.

Here's hoping that what the NY action has done is provide a bit of backbone to those investigating other crimes.

Well, that gives rise to a novel use of Rule 34...

Written By: Howard on 04/06/23 at 2:24 pm

And I heard in the news that he might get 4 years in jail. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/23 at 2:30 pm

And I heard in the news that he might get 4 years in jail. :o
What are the implications of the 'gagging order'?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/06/23 at 2:44 pm

I think that is the reason why they put the court date in Dec. That will give enough time to let these other cases-the one in Georgia & the DOJ for the classified documents to move forward. If those other cases come first, I think it will help the prosecution in this case. But, I'm no lawyer nor do I play one of t.v. What do I know?

There is another case, however, that WILL be in court on April 25th of this year. E. Jean Carroll is suing him for battery & defamation even though the rape case has been postponed indefinitely.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/19/politics/e-jean-carroll-trump-defamation-trial/index.html

Cat

Written By: JacobThePlante on 04/13/23 at 1:58 am

if he goes to jail then 90% of the government deserves the same fate

Written By: philbo on 04/13/23 at 2:14 am

You have evidence that those in government are that criminal?

90% of those in government haven't been so very, very blatant in their narcissistic lawbreaking. Trump has got away with paying fines for crimes that other people have spent years in jail for committing: can you think of any others in government who have been proven to have committed so many crimes? Just one?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/23 at 2:24 am

You have evidence that those in government are that criminal?

90% of those in government haven't been so very, very blatant in their narcissistic lawbreaking. Trump has got away with paying fines for crimes that other people have spent years in jail for committing: can you think of any others in government who have been proven to have committed so many crimes? Just one?
Was there anything of this nature in the recent Pentagon leaks?

Written By: Howard on 04/13/23 at 2:37 am

He deserves a maximum of 4 years.

Written By: philbo on 04/13/23 at 5:04 am

Was there anything of this nature in the recent Pentagon leaks?

Leaks aren't relevant, though: that Trump has paid for charges to go away (e.g. for using his "charitable foundation" for his own personal spending - where other people have spent up to five years in prison for doing exactly that), this is in the public record. He is as a matter of record a proven criminal, multiple times over. Any normal (i.e. not rich, well-connected and white) person would have been imprisoned many times over. I'm not sure there's anyone else in government with such a proven record of criminality, whatever one might think of politicians.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/13/23 at 9:46 am

Leaks aren't relevant, though: that Trump has paid for charges to go away (e.g. for using his "charitable foundation" for his own personal spending - where other people have spent up to five years in prison for doing exactly that), this is in the public record. He is as a matter of record a proven criminal, multiple times over. Any normal (i.e. not rich, well-connected and white) person would have been imprisoned many times over. I'm not sure there's anyone else in government with such a proven record of criminality, whatever one might think of politicians.

For years he has squirmed and sleezed out of accountability, mostly because he has  always been able to muddy the water and make a deal. That was the true art of the deal

Written By: nally on 04/13/23 at 7:45 pm

He deserves a maximum of 4 years.

More than that. I’d like to see him behind bars for a longer period of time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/14/23 at 4:58 am

More than that. I’d like to see him behind bars for a longer period of time.

Maybe LWOP? ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/14/23 at 9:49 am

Maybe LWOP? ???

??????????????????????????????????????

Written By: Elor on 04/14/23 at 10:20 am

??????????????????????????????????????

Probably Life Without Parole.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/14/23 at 11:10 am

Maybe he can become president in prison, of the cell block that is, lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/23 at 11:17 am

Become president of the library in a prison?

Written By: philbo on 04/14/23 at 12:31 pm

Has struck me that if he's convicted, and still manages to win the presidency, I'll finally get to write my "Perp'll Reign" parody :-)

Written By: Howard on 04/14/23 at 3:08 pm

I'm sure he'll either make friends or maybe make some enemies.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/26/23 at 9:48 am

Yesterday the Trump - Carrol trial started with opening statements.  The talking heads seem to think Carrol has the edge

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/23 at 10:21 am

Yesterday the Trump - Carrol trial started with opening statements.  The talking heads seem to think Carrol has the edge
So it has finally all started?

Written By: Howard on 04/26/23 at 2:13 pm

So it has finally all started?

Will he get jail time?

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/27/23 at 10:24 am

Will he get jail time?

Not for this one, it's a  civil suit, not criminal

Check for new replies or respond here...