inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ford launches hands-free driving on UK motorways

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/23 at 5:54 am

Ford drivers will legally be able to take their hands off the wheel on the move after its BlueCruise technology has been approved in the UK. Ministers have approved the "hands-off, eyes-on" technology for use on certain motorways. It can control steering, acceleration and braking but a camera will monitor a driver's eyes so they stay alert. The technology will only be available for 2023 models of Ford's electric Mustang Mach-E SUV at first.

Full report:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65272929

Personally I do not trust it!

Subject: Re: Ford launches hands-free driving on UK motorways

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/14/23 at 6:08 am

Even with Teslas, I wouldn't trust the full self driving mode. Just the assisted steering feature where you'd still have to touch the wheel every few seconds.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/23 at 6:22 am

Even with Teslas, I wouldn't trust the full self driving mode. Just the assisted steering feature where you'd still have to touch the wheel every few seconds.
My fear is the other non-self driving motors on the road...

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/14/23 at 9:48 am

Ford drivers will legally be able to take their hands off the wheel on the move after its BlueCruise technology has been approved in the UK. Ministers have approved the "hands-off, eyes-on" technology for use on certain motorways. It can control steering, acceleration and braking but a camera will monitor a driver's eyes so they stay alert. The technology will only be available for 2023 models of Ford's electric Mustang Mach-E SUV at first.

Full report:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65272929
his self driving stuff
Personally I do not trust it!

Self driving hell, I drive a manual trans for the fun of it

Written By: Howard on 04/14/23 at 3:16 pm

My fear is the other non-self driving motors on the road...

Will it still need a GPS?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/23 at 3:19 pm

Will it still need a GPS?
The driver can read from a road map while not driving.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/14/23 at 5:13 pm

Whenever a Tesla gets into a wreck, they always blame the “driver”.

You’re either driving the car or you aren’t. The idea that somehow the “driver can take over in an emergency” is nonsense.

Check for new replies or respond here...