inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Big Changes Coming for the Big Mac

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/23/23 at 3:23 pm

Looks like Mickey D is going to make some changes to the legendary Big Mac sandwich.  :-\\

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/these-4-changes-mcdonalds-making-burger-stay-number-one

The changes include softer buns, more melty cheese, heavily seared patties and more “special sauce”. I also saw somewhere that they’ll be throwing the onions on the grill with the patties.

Let’s hope this isn’t a debacle the way “The New Coke” was.

Subject: Re: Big Changes Coming for the Big Mac

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/23 at 1:55 am

More hidden ingredients for allergy sufferers to watch out for?

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/24/23 at 9:09 am

Looks like Mickey D is going to make some changes to the legendary Big Mac sandwich.  :-\\

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/these-4-changes-mcdonalds-making-burger-stay-number-one

The changes include softer buns, more melty cheese, heavily seared patties and more “special sauce”. I also saw somewhere that they’ll be throwing the onions on the grill with the patties.

Let’s hope this isn’t a debacle the way “The New Coke” was.

Softer buns? Meltier cheese? Grilled onions?

Please, enlighten me, where’s the downside?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/23 at 9:20 am

Will cost more too?

Written By: Jamie McBain on 04/24/23 at 9:26 am

More cheese?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/23 at 9:43 am

More cheese?
Less meat?

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/24/23 at 2:20 pm

I've been hearing about this and I'm intrigued. McDonald's is a major case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' but it could be interesting and maybe a possible quality boost. I'll be sure to check it out whenever this change does eventually roll around to my area.

Written By: Howard on 04/24/23 at 2:24 pm

Will cost more too?

It might be the same price.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/24/23 at 6:17 pm

Softer buns: They could fall apart and make a mess.

Meltier cheese: It could dribble all over the place and make a mess.

Grilled onions: They could possibly get burned if they overdo things.

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/27/23 at 6:18 pm

This is fast food we’re talking about. You want a finely crafted burger, go to a sit-down restaurant.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/23 at 3:03 am

This is fast food we’re talking about. You want a finely crafted burger, go to a sit-down restaurant.

Exactly.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/23 at 3:50 pm

Seems that some people are not happy with the recent changes to the Big Mac.

https://www.eatthis.com/mcdonalds-new-burgers-flaw/

Some people have a beef with the onions being cooked right with the meat patty.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/23 at 3:16 pm

All in all, I’d say that McDonald’s tastes better than it use to be.  :P

Written By: whistledog on 05/30/23 at 11:07 pm

My only issue with all these fast food places is the fact that it's fast food so they make the burger so quickly, it doesn't end up looking like it does on the menu.

The burger in that picture was probably crafted all day so it could look like the most picture-perfect hamburger in the world.  Yet when you order one, it comes all sloppy and googey, and well still delicious, still misleading because it's not the way it looks in the picture

Written By: Howard on 05/31/23 at 6:56 am

My only issue with all these fast food places is the fact that it's fast food so they make the burger so quickly, it doesn't end up looking like it does on the menu.

The burger in that picture was probably crafted all day so it could look like the most picture-perfect hamburger in the world.  Yet when you order one, it comes all sloppy and googey, and well still delicious, still misleading because it's not the way it looks in the picture

You shouldn't be expecting a nice burger from what you see in the picture, what you'll be getting is a different burger.

Written By: LooseBolt on 06/01/23 at 11:00 am

The burger in the picture is an impossible request, considering they use non-food items and substantial studio touch-ups to make it look perfect. The pictured burger is literally inedible.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/01/23 at 11:13 am

The burger in the picture is an impossible request, considering they use non-food items and substantial studio touch-ups to make it look perfect. The pictured burger is literally inedible.

That is a common practice with food photography.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/23 at 11:41 am

In food photography, mashed potato is use to visualise ice cream, for ice would melt under the lights.  A relative of my was a professional photographer.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/01/23 at 12:23 pm

In food photography, mashed potato is use to visualise ice cream, for ice would melt under the lights.  A relative of my was a professional photographer.

They do that with TV shows and movies too. if somebody is seen eating an ice cream cone it's generally mashed potatoes or something similar.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/23 at 1:07 pm

It tricks you into thinking that's the burger that you'll be receiving.

Check for new replies or respond here...