inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Police Academy becomes a reality in Ontario

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/23 at 9:00 pm

Remember the 1984 film Police Academy?  It was about a new recruitment policy for an unnamed city's police academy, that allowed anyone with a pulse to study to become a police officer.  Doug Ford, the Premier of Ontario, Canada has now made this a reality.  You no longer need a post secondary education to be hired as a police officer in Ontario, and the mandatory training is paid.  If I was younger and more in shape, I would totally do this

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-police-recruitment-changes-1.6821382

Subject: Re: Police Academy becomes a reality in Ontario

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/27/23 at 9:37 pm

Remember the 1984 film Police Academy?  It was about a new recruitment policy for an unnamed city's police academy, that allowed anyone with a pulse to study to become a police officer.  Doug Ford, the Premier of Ontario, Canada has now made this a reality.  You no longer need a post secondary education to be hired as a police officer in Ontario, and the mandatory training is paid.  If I was younger and more in shape, I would totally do this

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-police-recruitment-changes-1.6821382

Are they going to open a Blue Oyster Bar down the street from the academy?  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/23 at 9:40 pm

Are they going to open a Blue Oyster Bar down the street from the academy?  ;D

Most of the new recruits will probably be patrons of that bar :D
I am kind of scared to know what the future of law enforcement will look like. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/29/23 at 8:10 am

What we need are more Tackleberrys… 8)

ZrPvUd7E9HU

FJdmnMtpAwI

BMR8AnL3RXw

Check for new replies or respond here...