inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jimmy Hoffa Murder Suspect says “I Didn’t Do It”

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/23 at 9:21 am

Gabriel Briguglio, age 84, who has been under a cloud of suspicion for the past 48 years in the disappearance of Teamsters figure Jimmy Hoffa, has spoken out for the first time in decades. Bottom line, he says “I didn’t do it”…

https://www.foxnews.com/us/exclusive-last-living-jimmy-hoffa-suspects-shocking-claim

In keeping with “Six Degrees of LyricBoy”… the gentleman who recommended me for the job I currently have (he’s been deceased for the past 11 years) was someone whose name occasionally came up in the Hoffa case. But then, his name came up related to lots of stuff that happened in Detroit so you never knew fact from fiction. He never tried any funny stuff with me and I (of course) never tried to screw him over on any business deals out of an abundance of caution. When a guy’s street name is “Two Guns” :o you don’t do stupid things. ;D

Subject: Re: Jimmy Hoffa Murder Suspect says “I Didn’t Do It”

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/23 at 9:55 am

Gabriel Briguglio, age 84, who has been under a cloud of suspicion for the past 48 years in the disappearance of Teamsters figure Jimmy Hoffa, has spoken out for the first time in decades. Bottom line, he says “I didn’t do it”…

https://www.foxnews.com/us/exclusive-last-living-jimmy-hoffa-suspects-shocking-claim

Then who did killed him?  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/23 at 11:54 am

Then who did killed him?  ;D

Well it was likely set up by Tony “Tony Pro” Provenzano or Anthony “Tony Jack” Giacalone, because Hoffa was making noise that could have messed up their dealings with the Teamsters.

But guys at their level would not actually do the hit, they’d contract it out to lower-level associates. And for a high-visibility target like Hoffa, there’s more than an even chance that the assassins were later rubbed out too, so that nobody was around to finger Tony Pro or Tony Jack.

The Detroit Partnership has a rather large list of mobsters and associates, so the possibilities are enormous.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/23 at 12:06 pm

How true to the point was the film "Hoffa", released in 1992 directed by Danny DeVito?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/04/23 at 12:16 pm

How true to the point was the film "Hoffa", released in 1992 directed by Danny DeVito?

Well I don’t know about the details. But the general theme towards the end that Jimmy was talking @#$% and antagonizing The Outfit was more or less accurate.

I imagine they greatly romanticized his rise in the Union and how he rolled over for The Mob in order to further his career goals. Bottom line, that was a dirty business. 

The guy I mentioned who recommended me for my current job… way-back-when he did 3 years in the Federal slam for bringing in a Mob enforcer and corrupt Teamster union officials to “threaten a little rough stuff” if his workers did not play ball. And they weren’t talking about giving a guy a wedgie. Funny thing though, when he died the newspapers didn’t cover any of that. They just mentioned the various charities that he donated to.

Check for new replies or respond here...