inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: anyone here remember 'EMERGENCY!'?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/23/04 at 12:16 am

Are any of you 'Emergency!'fans after all these years? Do you still watch the reruns? The show is on WGTW Channel 48(cable channel 18)in my area.
Here are my fave episodes:
The husband lays his wife,who has just tried to make a final exit by OD,on a gurney.Turns out she took GLUTETHAMIDE,which she thought were 'just sleeping pills'. She then codes and despite attempts to revive her,she crosses to THE OTHER SIDE.
Gage gets the squad a new TV that turns out to be a dud
A bookie has a heart attack.The paramedics have to break down the office door. They shock the bookie a few times with a portable defibrillator,and successfully revive him.Concerned about his customers,he asks a fireman to man the phones for him!
Gage and deSoto break in a female paramedic,who washes out under the stress.

Subject: Re: anyone here remember 'EMERGENCY!'?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/23/04 at 5:11 am

In answer to your thread title, I rememeber the show, it's title that is.

Don't remember much else about it....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/04 at 8:43 am

Used to watch it all the time. I did catch the reruns a few years back but haven't watched it in a while. I love how Johnny would go off on his tangents and have all those wild scemes that he never put into action. Roy just listened and let Johnny be Johnny. lol

Cat

Written By: pennsygirl on 04/23/04 at 11:00 am

I used to watch that show all the time.  All my freinds thought Randolph Mantooth was hot!

Written By: duranchick on 04/23/04 at 11:52 am

I loved "Emergency".  Randolph Mantooth was a fave with me and my friends too!  I still watch the re-runs occasionally and actually watch them on WGTW Chan. 48.  Tony20fan4ever - we are almost neighbors!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/25/04 at 3:35 pm

I remember "Emergency" and tis star Randy Mantooth.

No matter what was wrong with the injured person that they picked up on the show, you could count on the emergency crew to give them "D2W", whatever that was.  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/25/04 at 3:39 pm

Roy and Johnny were the forerunners of Geordie's technobabble (from TNG). It seemed to make perfect sense what they were saying but it definitely wasn't English.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 04/25/04 at 8:30 pm

I love that show, and I still think Randolph Mantooth was hot.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/26/04 at 6:53 am

Whateverhappenedto Randy Mantooth ?  ???

Written By: onaree on 04/26/04 at 8:33 am

I used to love this show!  I was just little when it was on.  I had an "Emergency" hard plastic fire hat that I used to wear all the time.  I had a picture of the two main characters on it. I remember Randolph Mantooth.  I also liked the doctor, but I don't remember his name.  I think I liked him because he looked a lot like my dad (althought my dad was a lot younger).  I think it was the similar hairstyles.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/04 at 11:03 am

Whateverhappenedto Randy Mantooth ?   ???

He was on Loving/The City for a while but since that show has gone the way of the doodoo, I'm sure he will pop up somewhere.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/26/04 at 1:40 pm

I used to watch that show all the time.  All my freinds thought Randolph Mantooth was hot!

I thought Randolph Mantooth was hot!  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/26/04 at 7:30 pm

I remember "Emergency" and tis star Randy Mantooth.

No matter what was wrong with the injured person that they picked up on the show, you could count on the emergency crew to give them "D2W", whatever that was.  :P
'D5W' if you must know is 'five percent dextrose and water'in an IV.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/26/04 at 7:34 pm

The first time I saw DEFIBRILLATION being done was on that show! I wonder how the actors made it look so real?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 11:04 am

When I was in my early teens I loved this show...perfect for downing a couple ham sandwiches and a glass of milk after school.  Sadly, Julie London has passed away...quite a while back if I recall correctly....and Kevin Tighe was in the Movie "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/04 at 12:16 pm

When I was in my early teens I loved this show...perfect for downing a couple ham sandwiches and a glass of milk after school.  Sadly, Julie London has passed away...quite a while back if I recall correctly....and Kevin Tighe was in the Movie "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze....

I have seen Kevin Tighe in many things-he was also in K-9 with Jim Belushi and a few others that I can't recall at the moment.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 12:34 pm

I have seen Kevin Tighe in many things-he was also in K-9 with Jim Belushi and a few others that I can't recall at the moment.

Cat
I know what you mean...I saw a movie last month about a kid in a small town in Wyoming...he meets a girl and they have an adventurous drive....it involved some psycho...the girl dies in the end and the guy goes to Canada to work for Kevins character....you'd think I'd be able to recall the name, but... ::)

Written By: AL-B on 04/27/04 at 9:17 pm

I haven't seen "Emergency" in years but I loved that show when I was a kid. I remember Gage (Randolph Mantooth...or Keanu Reeves, Sr?) would always screw up and get hurt somehow.

Written By: smgridley on 05/11/04 at 4:59 pm

Used to watch it all the time. Remeber the episode about the rattlesnake . Haven't caught many reruns.  Used to have a big thing for Randoph Mantooth, though.

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/13/04 at 10:42 am

Used to watch it all the time. Remeber the episode about the rattlesnake . Haven't caught many reruns.  Used to have a big thing for Randoph Mantooth, though.

I think alot of girls had a big thing for Randolph Mantooth!  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/13/04 at 11:55 am

Booby Troupe, Julie London's husband who played a doctor on that show, also passed on. I don't know about Robert Fuller, who played Dr. Brackett.
Sadly, Julie London has passed away...quite a while back if I recall correctly....and Kevin Tighe was in the Movie "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze....

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/13/04 at 12:10 pm

Does anybody know what Randolph Mantooth looks like now?  I'm curious... :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/14/04 at 9:19 pm

He was on "All My Children" for awhile. He may still be there.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/14/04 at 9:20 pm

He was on "All My Children" for awhile. He may still be there.

Thanks, but that doesn't help me too much because I don't watch soaps.  :-\\

Written By: Class of 84 on 05/16/04 at 11:48 pm

I remember the one dude was always waxing his skis, like he didn't have anything better to be doing. ???

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/17/04 at 3:01 am

Heck yeah, I remember the show Emergency. At the time it was pretty realistic, well as realistic as you could get from a Jack Webb production anyway ;).
I remember hating it as a kid, it was on just before a favorite show or something. But after a while I started to like it. Especially the nurse at Rampart, she was hot. What was her name?
As I got older and it was rerun on TV Land (I think) it comes of as pure camp, not so much as Adam-12 or Dragnet, but almost as ridiculous compared to todays reality based cop and EMT shows.

Does anyone remember the Emergency board game :D? By Parker Bros, I think.
Now that was fun, I think you had to roll dice to get the Emergency rig to different rescue areas on the board.
I'd pay $$ to get my hands on that game again.
8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/18/04 at 9:02 pm

Looks pretty bad.  Basically a man with one tooth.

heh heh...

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/01/04 at 11:46 pm

totally watched that show..i was all about Kevin Tighe

Written By: Fett69 on 07/02/04 at 1:57 pm

Yep, another fave!  Although it was never the actual truck, I always had a Hot Wheels "Squad 51" paramedics truck. 

gumbypiz, I remember playing the game.  One of my cousins had it, although I'm sure it fell victim to a yard sale (if not worse) in the early 80s.  :\'(

Written By: Dar on 07/03/04 at 2:28 pm

HI was surfing around and found this board. I too remember Emergency, loved it as a teen. Infact, I went on to become a volunteer firefighter and EMT.  I recently saw Randolph Mantooth on tv, he still looks good!  He said he is currently developing a show for tv about L.A's Urban Rescue team.

Written By: camaro on 07/03/04 at 3:50 pm

Yes I remember Emergency. I loved that show. Randolph Mantooth was really cute back then.

Written By: angelbix on 07/09/04 at 7:57 am

I Loved that Show.. Randolph Mantooth he was one of my first crushes.. Julie London with her pristine white uniform and blonde ponytail.. I think that's why I am a nurse today.  Dr Brackett (Robert Fuller) was pretty hot also.
I don't remember any of the actual episodes, but I never missed the show.  "Start an IV of D5W TKO"  that's what they always ordered...as if that would cure everything.

Written By: BriMac35 on 07/11/04 at 7:27 am

One of my fav's , along with Berreta , and Starsky and Hutch .

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/01/04 at 10:03 pm

Mr. Tighe was also featured on "Freaks and Geeks" as Mr. Andopolis, Nick's Dad.

Written By: susan on 12/20/04 at 12:24 am

OMG, I became a paramedic because of this program. I work for Chicago Fire Dept

My kids think I am crazy. When I am driving I do the "Da Da Da" sound followed by "Squad 51 see the man down corner of....

I would love to find reruns, I have a dish any ideas on a channel?

Oh, this did bring a smile to my face..

I miss Johnny Gage and Roy Desotto

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 12/21/04 at 3:59 pm

Another great classic TV show that needs a DVD release..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/02/05 at 8:11 pm

Does anyone remember the episode with the teenage girl who OD'd on barbituates and ended up dying in the Rampart ER? And one of the docs...Brackett I think,tells the mom her kid OD'd and Mom denied that her kid would even take drugs!?!

Written By: RHerrmann on 01/19/05 at 3:49 pm

I remember Emergency.  I was in elementary school - I watched it all the time.

The only episode I can remember is where one of the two main dudes (Randolph Mantooth?) got this puzzle.  It was many wooden or plastic pieces fitted together in the shape of a ball or a cube.  He was told that this was not any ordinary puzzle - whoever could unlock it would find out the secret of the universe.  Well throughout the whole episode, we would see everyone in the station trying to open it - no one could do it.  Everyone wanted to know the secret.  Then at the end, I think it was Randy (or maybe the cook (?) - the shorter guy with the mustache who was kind of a joker) who finally got it open.  Inside was a little bit of paper with 'the secret'.  Guess what the paper said - "Made in China"  (or some other country).

I think the only reason I remember this is because while they were opening the puzzle, but before it was opened, I blurted out, "Made in China".  And I was so proud that I guessed it!

So I guess we all now know the secret of the Universe!!!

Written By: Rex on 02/20/05 at 7:52 pm

EMERGENCY! was the show that taught me that blood pressure should be 120 over 80.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...