inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Current 1970s Themed Shows - and a Suggestion

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/27/04 at 9:21 pm

What are your favorite radio/TV shows that are all about the 70s?  (Even if it's regional.)

I moderate a brand new fans' website for my favorite radio show - Super Groovy 70's.  It is a Syndicated weekly one hour show.   It is EXCELLENT.  It specializes in early-mid 70s pop/rock/soul music, but plays everything, including rarities, novelties, and one hit wonders.  Artist biographies, TV/Movie themes, and trivia questions are frequent features.   :)

I'll suggest this show for your local radio station.  Visit my fans' website if you're curious. 

Fans Website URL:  http://users.dls.net/~faulkners

Subject: Re: Current 1970s Themed Shows - and a Suggestion

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/28/04 at 10:00 pm

P.S. if there are no 1970s shows currently in your area, perhaps you can suggest Super Groovy 70's as an addition to your favorite local radio station!

Subject: Re: Current 1970s Themed Shows - and a Suggestion

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/29/04 at 11:05 pm

Also, I'm including a discussion of current/recent 1970s TV shows or specials.  Kudos to the VH-1 special on the 1970s from a few months ago - I found that series really interesting.  Any others?

Check for new replies or respond here...