inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dazed and Confused

Written By: AL-B on 04/27/04 at 9:29 pm

Has anyone here seen the 1993 Richard Linklater movie "Dazed And Confused?" For those of you who have, and are old enough to remember the 1970's, do you feel that this film accurately depicted America in that era? Personally, I feel that this movie is the most realistic representation of teenage life (even after the 70's) that I've ever seen.

Subject: Re: Dazed and Confused

Written By: Jen on 12/01/04 at 8:52 pm

Well, im only 15 but its like practically the same as now, i wish i lived back then it looks so awesome.  i love the cars, music, clthes, freedom ., oh yes

Written By: mrgazpacho on 12/01/04 at 11:02 pm

<<-- Despite my tagline, I haven't actually seen it.

Then again, I wasn't a teen until the 80s so it's probably not as nostalgic for me ;)

Written By: eightiesfan on 12/02/04 at 11:04 am

I thought this movie was great - I went out and bought the soundtrack for it afterwards.

It sort of reminded me of American Graffiti.  :)

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/02/04 at 4:20 pm

Great flick.

Pretty good depiction of the era and mentality of the era.

Written By: Banks on 12/02/04 at 5:02 pm

I bought this movie on DVD, and although I wasnt a teen in the 70's, and I lived in Australia (which was a very different experience than the US and UK one) I found this movie to be awsome. I loved it!!! The music in this movie rocks! And my girlfriend LOVES the london brothers, so she has other reasons to love it.

Alright Now.

Written By: Davester on 07/05/06 at 12:24 am

Check out the newly released Criterion Collection version.  Lots of extra stuff - interviews and whatnot...

Written By: whiteport on 07/05/06 at 9:14 am

I was a teen in Small Town America in the late 70s and To me That Movie is Dead On, Great Flick.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 07/05/06 at 4:47 pm

I love Dazed and Confused! It's one of my favorite movies of all time, although I was too young to remember the 1970s, I feel it's a pretty accurate depiction of the time and what young people were interested in doing.

Written By: Dukefan on 07/09/06 at 4:28 pm

Dazed and Confused is one my favorite movies as well...I think they hit the small-town in the 70s just right. 

Written By: Tia on 07/09/06 at 4:33 pm

i saw it, loved it. (i'm really looking forward to linklater's new movie, i think he's one of the best directors working today.) i was a little kid in the 70s but i thought it was very accurate to my high school days, which were in the 80s but we were all very 60s and 70s influenced because we all thought new wave and synthopop sucked.

anyway, there's something timeless about keggers, and high school girls who stay the same age.

does the movie ever reference the led zeppelin song?

Check for new replies or respond here...