inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ancient chinese secret

Written By: godzilla on 04/28/04 at 12:05 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to track down a video clip of a commercial from the 70's (maybe 80's).

The commercial was Calgon Laundry detergent and used the slogan "ancient Chinese secret"

Here's the scenario:
A Guy walks in to pick up his laundry, asks how they get the shirts so white, Asian man behind the counter says "Ancient Chinese secret"  He leaves, the wife leans out the door and holds up a box of Calgon Laundry detergent and says "ancient Chinese secret huh?"

I use this phrase all the time and people have no idea what I'm talking about...which actually makes it a little funnier sometimes. :D
Anyway, does anyone know where I could find a MPG/AVI video of this clip? It's probably impossible :-\ but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thank you easter bunny, bulk-bulk!
Joe Mac

Subject: Re: Ancient chinese secret

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/28/04 at 12:17 pm

I remember the commercial but I have no idea where you could find a video clip.  :-\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/28/04 at 12:48 pm

Try this link godzilla....it has a lot of places to check out...good luck ;)

http://classictv.about.com/cs/commercials/

Written By: Howard on 04/28/04 at 7:24 pm

Yes.I remember that commercial with the Chinese couple! ;D

Howard

Written By: aguilar on 05/14/04 at 3:24 am

Check Out    the web site tvparty.com   :D

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/01/04 at 9:56 pm

Did anyone ever see the SNL skit with Jackie Chan?

The commercial goes exactly the same as normal until the "Ancient Chinese Secret?!?" line.  Jackie jumps up and slams the guy into a wall and screams, "If you tell anyone, I'll kill you."

It is hilarious.

Check for new replies or respond here...