inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fleetwood Mac...70's Only

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/28/04 at 1:20 pm

I'm going to choose "Other" for the original studio version of Silver Springs....it was on the flip-side of Go Your Own way but they left it off the Rumours LP :-\

Subject: Re: Fleetwood Mac...70's Only

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/28/04 at 1:24 pm

Out of this bunch I chose "Go Your Own Way", although I like most of their stuff!  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/28/04 at 1:30 pm

Out of this bunch I chose "Go Your Own Way", although I like most of their stuff!  :)
You mean you didn't like MY choice the best  :o....j/k...I like most of thier stuff too ;)

Written By: Paul on 04/28/04 at 2:07 pm

I'm going to choose "Other" for the original studio version of Silver Springs....it was on the flip-side of Go Your Own way but they left it off the Rumours LP :-\

...but it has now been included on the recently re-vamped 'Rumours' (Deluxe) double CD, RockandRollFan...

...and I'll have the actual 'A' side - Go Your Own Way

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/28/04 at 2:29 pm

...but it has now been included on the recently re-vamped 'Rumours' (Deluxe) double CD, RockandRollFan...

Really?  Thanks, I'll have to check it out.  Have you ever heard of "Buckinham-Nicks" ?  It was just released in 1973 just before they joined Fleetwood Mac....I have a copy of the LP AND recently a friend at a radio station burned it to CD for me :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/04 at 3:29 pm

This one was VERY close. But, I picked Other-The Chain, followed VERY CLOSELY by Tusk.

Cat

Written By: resinchaser on 04/28/04 at 3:32 pm

Rhiannon

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/28/04 at 11:27 pm

I picked "other" for The Chain...

Written By: roy on 04/29/04 at 3:41 am

Really?  Thanks, I'll have to check it out.  Have you ever heard of "Buckinham-Nicks" ?  It was just released in 1973 just before they joined Fleetwood Mac....I have a copy of the LP AND recently a friend at a radio station burned it to CD for me :)
buckingham-nicks is incredible!! "frozen love" is better than anything they did w/ fleetwood mac. i loved the cover of "green manalishi" the buckingham + nicks version of fleetwood mac did (live) - ever hear it? stevie nicks' vocals @ the end of it will give you chills.

Written By: mandamoo on 04/29/04 at 4:59 am

Other - 'Second Hand News'

Written By: jaytee on 04/29/04 at 8:45 am

Say That You Love Me

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/29/04 at 12:56 pm

buckingham-nicks is incredible!! "frozen love" is better than anything they did w/ fleetwood mac. i loved the cover of "green manalishi" the buckingham + nicks version of fleetwood mac did (live) - ever hear it? stevie nicks' vocals @ the end of it will give you chills.
I did hear that...loved it!  I also think theier version of "Crystal" was MUCH better than the Fleetwood Mac one :)

Written By: maddog on 04/30/04 at 6:58 am

Dreams, for sentimental reasons. It was played at the funeral of my cousin Michael who died aged 21 in a motorbike accident, so it reminds me of him.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/30/04 at 7:57 am

Other - The Chain

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/30/04 at 12:31 pm

Dreams, for sentimental reasons. It was played at the funeral of my cousin Michael who died aged 21 in a motorbike accident, so it reminds me of him.
My sympathy to you, maddog :'(

Written By: Lanie on 04/30/04 at 8:28 pm

"Landslide" :)

Written By: Hairspray on 04/30/04 at 11:41 pm

Other - "Edge Of Seventeen" (I think it's 70's! Memory's foggy on that one :P)

Written By: dude on 06/02/04 at 4:00 am

"Rhiannon"..........had my first born been a girl, her name would have been Rhiannon......that's how "IN TO" Fleetwood Mac my wife and I were at the time. Just a great, great rock band "for the ages".

Other - "Edge Of Seventeen" (I think it's 70's! Memory's foggy on that one )"Edge of Seventeen" is a Stevie Nicks solo project and was cut in the early 80's if I'm not mistaken. (Just a little nitpickin'  :P)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/04 at 4:35 pm

Other - "Edge Of Seventeen" (I think it's 70's! Memory's foggy on that one :P)
That particular song was indeed Stevie Nicks solo. It's from her 1981 offering called "Bella-Donna"  ;)

Written By: AL-B on 06/02/04 at 8:58 pm

I'm not positive this is the correct title, but I think it's called "You Make Lovin' Fun."

Written By: MooRocca on 06/02/04 at 10:19 pm

Never was big on Fleetwood Mac, but I always liked Tusk.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/02/04 at 10:46 pm

Other - "Hypnotized"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/04 at 10:59 pm

Other - "Hypnotized"
I love that song...remember the instumental called "Sunny Side Of Heaven" when Danny Kerwin was the lead guitarest?

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/03/04 at 3:53 pm

Sara followed by Landslide.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/06/04 at 1:37 pm

I'm not positive this is the correct title, but I think it's called "You Make Lovin' Fun."
Right you are, AL-B ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/01/04 at 11:09 pm

"Dreams","Sara" and "Rhiannon"

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/24/04 at 4:32 pm

Dreams
Landslide
Go your own way

Written By: Jen82 on 02/05/05 at 11:50 am

Rhiannon

Written By: schmartypantz on 02/05/05 at 12:22 pm

I stuck with the list and chose "Go Your Own Way".
this band too, is in my top ten alltime favorite list.
I'm more of a Christine fan than a Stevie fan and was alittle disappointed that Christine didn't tour with them last time (saw them last summer). But still, they have so much material to draw on, it was a great show. Lindsay is a great guitar player for sure. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/05/05 at 12:42 pm

I stuck with the list and chose "Go Your Own Way".
this band too, is in my top ten alltime favorite list.
I'm more of a Christine fan than a Stevie fan and was alittle disappointed that Christine didn't tour with them last time (saw them last summer). But still, they have so much material to draw on, it was a great show. Lindsay is a great guitar player for sure. :)
I saw them in Denver last October....I've always liked Stevie but I think Lindsey is the "Brains" of the band ;)

Written By: fragswife on 02/05/05 at 12:52 pm

I have to say "Tusk" is one of my all time favourites. 

There is a huge amount of emotion put into this song.  Apparently the song is regarding tension (possibly adultery) between band members. 

Written By: Howard on 02/05/05 at 6:44 pm

Go Your Own Way
Dreams
Don't Stop

Howard

Written By: phil on 02/13/05 at 1:42 am

Future Games album (released in '72) is also a great Fleetwood Mac Album.  It is pre Stevie Nicks.

Written By: Skippy on 02/15/05 at 1:49 am

AAAAKK!!! I can't take the pressure of choosing only one. I think I like everything they did in the 70's. I still have a 1977 edition of Rumours(LP). A friend of mine had in on 8-track. Everywhere we went in his truck it was always playing.  ;D ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/15/05 at 9:52 am

AAAAKK!!! I can't take the pressure of choosing only one. I think I like everything they did in the 70's. I still have a 1977 edition of Rumours(LP). A friend of mine had in on 8-track. Everywhere we went in his truck it was always playing.  ;D ;D
If you can find a copy of an LP called Buckingham-Nicks from 1973, you will be even happier ;)

Written By: micah on 02/15/05 at 2:35 pm

'Go Your Own Way' has always been my favorite.

Written By: Arvig on 02/25/05 at 11:08 am

Hello...decided to lurk here for a few, looked around here and the 80's forum for a bit.  :)

Anyway, to be on topic...maybe I'm a bit odd, but I actually consider "Gold Dust Woman" to be the best Fleetwood Mac song, last track on "Rumours" if I remember right.  Close second would be a tie between "Rhiannon" & "The Chain", "Tusk" would be up there too.

Check for new replies or respond here...