inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 10CC poll

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/01/04 at 7:26 am

Subject: Re: 10CC poll

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/01/04 at 7:28 am

Rubber Bullets

though I really like them all  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 05/01/04 at 7:34 am

Good pic ! 8)

I like them all too, but I chose 'Wall Street Shuffle' as my current fave !

Written By: jaytee on 05/01/04 at 7:54 am

Dreadlock Holiday

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/01/04 at 9:02 am

I'm Not In Love...LP version....and then the flip-side of that 45 called Channel Swimmer....anybody else heard it ???

Written By: Paul on 05/01/04 at 10:01 am

I'm Not In Love...LP version....and then the flip-side of that 45 called Channel Swimmer....anybody else heard it ???

Strangely, yes...!

'I'll do the breaststoke, I'll do the backstroke'...all very odd...

Out of that little lot? For it's unashamed tongue-in-cheekness...'I'm Mandy Fly Me'

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/01/04 at 12:04 pm

Strangely, yes...!

'I'll do the breaststoke, I'll do the backstroke'...all very odd...

Out of that little lot? For it's unashamed tongue-in-cheekness...'I'm Mandy Fly Me'

If you EVER find it please let me know where I can find it....I haven't heard it since probably around 1977 ::)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/01/04 at 2:29 pm

I like "I'm Not In Love"....with "The Things We Do For Love" coming in second.  :)

Written By: Paul on 05/01/04 at 2:47 pm

If you EVER find it please let me know where I can find it....I haven't heard it since probably around 1977 ::)

A difficult one this, RnR fan - 10cc weren't that big in the US, so a lot of their stuff hasn't been re-issued there...

'Channel Swimmer' was a 'throwaway' B side which was never used on the LP which had 'I'm Not In Love' on it - namely 'The Original Soundtrack'...but it has since been re-issued with 'Channel Swimmer' as a bonus track, but it's only available to you via an import, priced at $25.99...

But you may like to investigate this CD which, I think, is of US origin...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005Y23H/104-0221337-3415933?v=glance

...priced at a rather more reasonable $11.98 - hope that helps...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/01/04 at 3:13 pm

A difficult one this, RnR fan - 10cc weren't that big in the US, so a lot of their stuff hasn't been re-issued there...

'Channel Swimmer' was a 'throwaway' B side which was never used on the LP which had 'I'm Not In Love' on it - namely 'The Original Soundtrack'...but it has since been re-issued with 'Channel Swimmer' as a bonus track, but it's only available to you via an import, priced at $25.99...

But you may like to investigate this CD which, I think, is of US origin...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005Y23H/104-0221337-3415933?v=glance

...priced at a rather more reasonable $11.98 - hope that helps...

Thanks, Paul...I'll check it out ;)

Written By: roy on 05/03/04 at 7:47 am

UNBELIEVABLE!! ;D ;D ;D a discussion about 10cc that included songs other than the overplayed dinky singles( i.e."the things we do for love"....actually their singles weren't really that dinky!).the albums w/ godley and creme were all brilliant." the dean and i" is so cool. "i'm mandy,fly me" is beautiful. i really love "somewhere in hollywood" and "don't hang up". i'd like to mention everything that i think is incredible by these guys, but there are just too many songs that fall into that category. it's so cool to see a picture of the original 10cc line-up posted on this sight. my faith in human intelligence has been restored!!! ;D ;D ;D    from the post godley and creme material, i think "deceptive bends" is the best("feel the benefit"  -oh my god! about 20 years ago an f.m. d.j. played that song and refered to it as an "audio orgasm" to which i'd have to agree. can you imagine a song like that being played on a commercial station these days? lets face it,the only song you're gonna hear these days is the short version of "i'm not in love" (they supposedly recorded about 4000 voice tracks and layered 'em all for that song -too bad most people haven't actually heard the breathtaking extended ending to that song). has anybody heard the album "windows in the jungle"? i'm trying to obtain an import copy.i had it on tape @ one point, but i lent it to some idiot that "lost" it.what an asshole. anyway,that's a really beautiful record - a rarity among the later releases. anyway,great choice in band and material you chose to pick from  ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/03/04 at 7:53 am

UNBELIEVABLE!! ;D ;D ;D a discussion about 10cc that included songs other than the overplayed dinky singles( i.e."the things we do for love"....actually their singles weren't really that dinky!).the albums w/ godley and creme were all brilliant." the dean and i" is so cool. "i'm mandy,fly me" is beautiful. i really love "somewhere in hollywood" and "don't hang up". i'd like to mention everything that i think is incredible by these guys, but there are just too many songs that fall into that category. it's so cool to see a picture of the original 10cc line-up posted on this sight. my faith in human intelligence has been restored!!! ;D ;D ;D    from the post godley and creme material, i think "deceptive bends" is the best("feel the benefit"  -oh my god! about 20 years ago an f.m. d.j. played that song and refered to it as an "audio orgasm" to which i'd have to agree. can you imagine a song like that being played on a commercial station these days? lets face it,the only song you're gonna hear these days is the short version of "i'm not in love" (they supposedly recorded about 4000 voice tracks and layered 'em all for that song -too bad most people haven't actually heard the breathtaking extended ending to that song). has anybody heard the album "windows in the jungle"? i'm trying to obtain an import copy.i had it on tape @ one point, but i lent it to some idiot that "lost" it.what an a**hole. anyway,that's a really beautiful record - a rarity among the later releases. anyway,great choice in band and material you chose to pick from  ;)

Thank you Roy  ;D  You can post here anytime  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/04 at 10:36 am

The things we do for love

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/04 at 11:27 am

I went for The things we do for love as well. Great song. Rubber Bullets follows and then another oddity called Donna. Anyone heard it? I used to be scared of it when I was little because it had stupid voices on it but I love it now.  ;D

Written By: SmithsGirl on 05/03/04 at 9:21 pm

I'm not in love, so don't forget it, it's just silly phase i'm goin' through...

SmithsGirl

Written By: Zella on 05/07/04 at 1:58 pm

Life is a Minestrone

Written By: Lanie on 05/08/04 at 3:58 pm

"I'm Not In Love"

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/02/04 at 12:03 am

"The Things We Do for Love" followed by "I'm Not In Love"

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/02/04 at 12:11 am

"The Things We Do For Love"

Written By: zcrito on 07/02/04 at 12:11 am

I could have sworn I answered this poll already. Oh,well. :-\\

"I'm Not In Love".

:)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/24/04 at 4:25 pm

I'm only familiar with I'm not in Love

Great tune!

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 1:05 pm

art for arts sake

Written By: whistledog on 09/22/05 at 5:18 pm

My favourite 10cc song was Don't Turn Me Away which in 1981 was a surprise top 40 hit for them here in Canada.  The xylophone just sounds so excellent in that song.  Very nice  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...