inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70's hairstyles

Written By: karen on 05/18/04 at 11:08 am

Does anybody have any links to sites with pictures of seventies hairstyles?  I did try a google search but came up with hundreds of completely irrelevant stuff.

tia
karen

Subject: Re: 70's hairstyles

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/18/04 at 2:37 pm

Hi karen!

I did a search myself and came up with this one...

http://babes.250x.com/images/hair/hair.htm

I know it includes 60's styles, but if you click on the one that says: Long c. 1971... it has updates and you can click on other years from there.  :)

Written By: karen on 05/19/04 at 3:34 am

Thanks CF

I wanted some pictures to help me for a 70's party next week.  I'm dressing sort of hippy style. I don't think my hair will grow that long in time though!!

I'll just get my hair cut short and wear the long wig we have in our 'dressing up' box

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/19/04 at 1:10 pm

It sounds like your party will be lots of fun!  Let us know how it goes.  :)

Written By: Mordor on 06/01/04 at 8:35 pm

I hate what some ppl think is a shag.Worse is feathering!We would never be caught with our hair all flippedy do at the bottom!Kids today have too many styling products ;D

Written By: Claire on 09/08/04 at 7:08 am

Hiya I'm in desperate need of some 70's hairstyles i'm doing a fashion show and can't find any relevant stuff non the net! If someones comes up with something give me a holler!! It would be much appreciated. Cheers!x        :o

Written By: Happy on 09/08/04 at 8:56 am

I went and checked out that link! There are some pictures of shorter 70s styles. They are the shags! Or is your hair shorter than that?

I just had my hair cut in a 70s shag! I love it! They are making a comeback! WHoOO HOOOooo!!!! ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 6:55 pm

How about the picture of the guy with the afro down below.Afros are trying to make a comeback soon. :)

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/04 at 12:07 pm

I remember as a kid, I used to stand to the side of the doorway and jump out and try to scare whoever came in. One time I did that my sister came in after getting a really short shag. I didn't recongize her at first and thought is was stranger coming in. I never jumped out at people again. But my sister never got another shag after that-I guess she didn't like it. I wonder why.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/10/04 at 12:13 pm

How about the picture of the guy with the afro down below.Afros are trying to make a comeback soon. :)

Howard

Afros are already here! Too late, Howard! They've been here since the late nineties! They're just braided occasionally.

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 09/10/04 at 6:35 pm

Afros are already here! Too late, Howard! They've been here since the late nineties! They're just braided occasionally.

Tanya

occassionly,I would see some black guy with an afro so thick,it was unbelieveable. :o

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...