inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: who is heart's magic man about?

Written By: lala4545 on 06/03/04 at 8:35 pm

I heard a rumor that heart's magic man is about charles manson and I would love it if i knew for sure, if anyone knows pllleaassee tell me!!

Subject: Re: who is heart's magic man about?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/03/04 at 8:48 pm

I heard a rumor that heart's magic man is about charles manson and I would love it if i knew for sure, if anyone knows pllleaassee tell me!!
Good Lord NO...it is NOT about that loser! It's about the guy that Ann Wilson was dating at the time...thier producer Mike Fischer, who was the brother of then lead guitarest Roger Fischer...circa 1975-1977. Mike was a draft dodger who moved to Canada to escape prosecution. The dated for a while until she caught him cheating on her....many lbs. later she is still "Alone"....I had the fortune to see Heart in concert last Summer in Denver...they STILL rock though the Wilson sisters are the only original members that remain :-\\

Written By: Howard on 06/04/04 at 7:35 pm

I also like Heart. Rememeber that song during the 80's,"Alone"?

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/04/04 at 10:01 pm

I also like Heart. Rememeber that song during the 80's,"Alone"?

Howard
Yes I do, Howard. The 80's were kinda thier comeback decade....starting with "Even It Up" in 1980 to 1987's LP "Bad Animals" which spawned hits such as the one you mentioned plus "There's The Girl", "Who Will You Run To" and "Never"....but IMO it was 1985's self-titled LP that brought them thier biggest success with songs like "If Looks Could Kill", "What About Love?", "Never", and my personal favorite that just happened to be sung by Nancy (The Blonde)..."These Dreams"  ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/04 at 10:09 am

Yes I do, Howard. The 80's were kinda thier comeback decade....starting with "Even It Up" in 1980 to 1987's LP "Bad Animals" which spawned hits such as the one you mentioned plus "There's The Girl", "Who Will You Run To" and "Never"....but IMO it was 1985's self-titled LP that brought them thier biggest success with songs like "If Looks Could Kill", "What About Love?", "Never", and my personal favorite that just happened to be sung by Nancy (The Blonde)..."These Dreams"  ;)

Is Heart still touring? I mean,like what are the Wilson sisters up to these days? :)

Howard

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/05/04 at 1:41 pm

Good Lord NO...it is NOT about that loser! It's about the guy that Ann Wilson was dating at the time...thier producer Mike Fischer, who was the brother of then lead guitarest Roger Fischer...circa 1975-1977.

That's the same story I heard.  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/05/04 at 1:43 pm

Is Heart still touring? I mean,like what are the Wilson sisters up to these days? :)

Howard

I'm not sure if they're still touring.  I did hear that a little while back some of the band members were giving Ann a really hard time because she had put on so much weight.  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/04 at 7:26 pm

That's the same story I heard.  :)
You mean I'm RIGHT!?  I just made that up...kidding, it's true ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/04 at 7:29 pm

I'm not sure if they're still touring.  I did hear that a little while back some of the band members were giving Ann a really hard time because she had put on so much weight.  :(
When my friend and I saw them last year in Denver she looked plump still...yet she had the same surgery (Gastric) that my friend had. My friend had the surgery in Sept. of 2001 when she wieghed 475 pounds...she now weighs 140 lbs. and has easily kept it off. Ann must be having a rougher time of it :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/05/04 at 8:00 pm

LOL!  I like that explanation better than the real one!

The story behind behind "Barracuda" is funny!  Anyone else know it?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/04 at 11:26 pm

LOL!  I like that explanation better than the real one!

The story behind behind Barracud is funny!  Anyone else know it?
I sure don't know that one Max...Do tell? ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/04 at 1:54 pm

When my friend and I saw them last year in Denver she looked plump still...yet she had the same surgery (Gastric) that my friend had. My friend had the surgery in Sept. of 2001 when she wieghed 475 pounds...she now weighs 140 lbs. and has easily kept it off. Ann must be having a rougher time of it :-\\

So,I guess they look nothing like they used to during the early 80's? ???

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/06/04 at 2:06 pm

So,I guess they look nothing like they used to during the early 80's? ???

Howard
Actually Nancy still looks fabulous ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/04 at 2:27 pm

Actually Nancy still looks fabulous ;)

And I'm listening to it as I write this post.So coincidental. :o

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/06/04 at 2:54 pm

And I'm listening to it as I write this post.So coincidental. :o

Howard
:)Sure is. BTW, Congratulations on recently topping 1,000 posts, Howard ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/04 at 3:03 pm

:)Sure is. BTW, Congratulations on recently topping 1,000 posts, Howard ;)

Oh,Thank You Rock! ;)

Howard

Written By: Class of 84 on 06/20/04 at 11:50 pm

Sure.  Don't believe all these cockamaymee stories about producers and such. Actually, the magic man was.......SATAN!

Written By: Fett69 on 06/21/04 at 3:27 am

Howard

Actually, I believe Heart has a new CD out this week.  And as stated elsewhere here, I think only Ann & Nancy remain.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/21/04 at 6:51 am

I sure don't know that one Max...Do tell? ;)

One of the Wilsons, can't remember which, mentioned it in an interview a while back.  The "barricuda" was a sleazy record jobber, a low-level industry rep who dealt directly with record stores.  Anywa, the Wilson being interviewed was at an industry soiree when this jobber slinks up to her and asks, "Sooo, how's your lov-ahhh?" She started talking about her boyfriend, but the guy says salaciously, "No, no, man, your sist-ahhh, you know, your lov-ahhh!"  She looks recalls the album cover of the two of them together photographed topless (from the shoulders up, of course).  Then she gets it.  This guy's been entertaining thoughts of an incestuous lesbian affair between Anne and Nancy.  The total sleaziness of the record jobber and the lewdness of his suggestions inpired the song "Barricuda."  The barricuda in this case being a disgusting sexual predator.  Anyway...

Written By: Howard on 06/21/04 at 8:28 pm

Actually, I believe Heart has a new CD out this week.  And as stated elsewhere here, I think only Ann & Nancy remain.

Would you happen to know where they're touring? ???

Howard

Written By: Fett69 on 06/21/04 at 8:52 pm

Would you happen to know where they're touring? ???

Howard

Looks like they're in the middle of it now!

http://www.heart-music.com/

Written By: Howard on 06/21/04 at 9:04 pm

Looks like they're in the middle of it now!

http://www.heart-music.com/

Thank You Fett!   http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Howard

Written By: Fett69 on 06/21/04 at 9:17 pm

Thank You Fett!   http://www.prowrestling.com/discuss/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Howard

No prob, Howard!  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/21/04 at 9:52 pm

Oh,Thank You Rock! ;)

Howard
Always happy to oblige, Howard ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/22/04 at 4:51 am

Actually, it's about Man Ray...
8)

Written By: Richie on 06/23/04 at 10:52 pm

I also heard it was about her boyfriend.  Heart's new song, don't knoe the name, is a rocker in the vein of Barracuda.  It is a pretty hot tune.

Check for new replies or respond here...