inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: toys of the 70's

Written By: jimi_wd40 on 06/17/04 at 3:24 pm

don't ask me why but this has been bugging me for ages - I i want to know the name of a toy of the early seventies. probably aimed at a the 6 year old and above

It was a plastic sphere which had 8(?) plastic cups glued to the inside of it. The cups were different colours and numbered 1 to 8. There was also a little plastic bead/ball inside which you could roll into cup number 1 which had a piece missing at the back. The idea was to drop it straight into cup 2 by rotating the sphere - that was easy. You then went from 2-3 3-4 through 7-8. Each drop got progressively harder until the last which was impossibe. 7 and 8 were basically on opposite sides and even if you dropped it into the cup it would bounce out.
OK I've lost it but  WHAT WAS IT CALLED!!!? And where can I get one?

Subject: Re: toys of the 70's

Written By: Maz on 10/07/04 at 5:24 am

;D woooooooow

That ball thing was fantastic, that sound as it rolled around the cups (think there was about 15).....and i cant remember what its called either, and now thats gonna bug me too haha
I'm sure we still have ours hanging around one of my family's loft.....might make it my mission to find it.

Written By: Maz on 10/07/04 at 7:29 am

Me again.....i just could let it lie haha

It was called..... Baffle Ball or Frustration Ball

I have got pictures but I cant seem to put them on here for you haha

Must say it does bring back some memorys....weren't the 70's great.

Maz

Written By: Howard on 10/07/04 at 6:42 pm

http://www.samstoybox.com/toypics/FrustrationBallBoxArt.jpg

Is this the toy you're referring to? ???

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 10/07/04 at 8:10 pm

http://www.samstoybox.com/toypics/FrustrationBallBoxArt.jpg

Is this the toy you're referring to? ???

Howard

Howard, where do you get all the pics of things you always seem to find for people?  Seems like you're always there with a picture if someone needs one!!  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/07/04 at 8:28 pm

Howard, where do you get all the pics of things you always seem to find for people?  Seems like you're always there with a picture if someone needs one!!  :)

I know what people are talking about then I look it up for them.I'm the man. :)

Howard

Written By: chrissie611 on 05/19/06 at 10:32 am

new to this site, but just wanted to let anyone whos curious know that theres a frustration ball for sale on ebay for $5.00

chrissie : )

Check for new replies or respond here...