inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thin Lizzy

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 4:55 pm

I like "Still In Love With You"...GREAT Ballad and guitar work!

Subject: Re: Thin Lizzy

Written By: maddog on 07/01/04 at 5:52 pm

I voted for "Rosalie" because there's a great live version of it on my Thin Lizzy Greatest hits album, it's sort of medley where they mix in another song called "Cowboy Song" in the middle.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/04 at 7:10 pm

I voted for "Rosalie" because there's a great live version of it on my Thin Lizzy Greatest hits album, it's sort of medley where they mix in another song called "Cowboy Song" in the middle.
Cool, maddog! I like that one also ;) I think Thin Lizzy is a very underated group though :-\\

Written By: gord on 12/10/04 at 4:00 pm

I resurected this old thread, it didn't look like it got much response. How about "the boys are back in town" a staple on rock radio stations, just a great song.  8)

Written By: Paul on 12/10/04 at 5:20 pm

'Whiskey In The Jar' for that wonderful gee-tar opening alone, which I can play fluently on the 'air' model...

It's one of the reasons I daren't wear a personal head-set - I don't think air gee-tar solos would go down too well on a crowded train...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 12/11/04 at 8:11 am

Other

The Boys Are Back In Town  :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 12/11/04 at 8:12 am

'Whiskey In The Jar' for that wonderful gee-tar opening alone, which I can play fluently on the 'air' model...

It's one of the reasons I daren't wear a personal head-set - I don't think air gee-tar solos would go down too well on a crowded train...

Paul !  Think of the benefits !  You could have a four-seater ALL to yourself  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 12/11/04 at 9:10 am

Other

The Boys Are Back In Town :)

Same

Written By: Paul on 12/11/04 at 9:20 am

Paul !  Think of the benefits !  You could have a four-seater ALL to yourself  ;D

A SEAT?!?! On a train?!?!

That'd be a first...!!

Written By: Gaylon on 12/11/04 at 9:40 am

My first recollection of Thin Lizzy was "The Hero and the Madman" and then "It's Only Money"

My favorite though is "Cowboy Song" - The guitar work is really great

Written By: joedeertae on 12/11/04 at 9:44 am

I voted Jailbreak but a veryclose #2 is Whisky In The Jar.

Written By: Banks on 12/11/04 at 11:33 pm

I chose Other...Have to go with The Boys Are Back In Town and Sarah...LOVE those two songs equally as much.

Alright Now

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/22/04 at 1:22 pm

How did "The Boys Are Back In Town" get left off here in the first place? Wasn't it (like) their greatest hit?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/22/04 at 8:53 pm

How did "The Boys Are Back In Town" get left off here in the first place? Wasn't it (like) their greatest hit?
Yes...but they had SO much more and I knew that "Boys" would garner lots of votes...so it still did, just in the "Other" category :)

Written By: stuckinthe70's on 01/01/05 at 9:31 am

Without any doubt at all the best Thin Lizzy song has to be Emerald,  I think it is the B side of the boys are back in town.

Written By: whistledog on 10/06/05 at 2:17 pm

other:  Cold Sweat  :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/06/05 at 3:24 pm

I automatically picked "Other" - "The Boys are Back in Town". Great anthem that's fun and rocking at the same time.

The only other song of theirs I know is the heavier "Jailbreak". What does the rest of their material generally sound like - I hear they were pretty varied.

Written By: ralfy on 03/25/16 at 7:49 am

"Tributes to Phil Lynott on 30th anniversary"

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2016/0104/757652-still-in-love-with-you/

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/16 at 8:20 am

"Whiskey In The Jar"

Check for new replies or respond here...