inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: K-tel Records

Written By: K-telChick on 07/06/04 at 2:50 pm

Hey all--  just wanted to let you know that I have a HUGE update on my website, including five vintage K-tel album TV commercials--groovy!

-Lisa
http://www.ktelclassics.com

Subject: Re: K-tel Records

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/06/04 at 10:58 pm

Very Cool !!!  I'm adding a link on my website (Super Groovy 70's Fan Central) to yours.  8)  Its URL:

http://users.dls.net/~faulkners

Here's a question for you: do you acknowledge the K-Tel "pretender" labels, eg. Ronco, Adam VIII, etc.?

Written By: K-telChick on 07/07/04 at 6:41 am

Thanks for the kind words!  This has been a labor of love for me. I'm so busy with the K-tel label, that I really don't have the time to get into any other similar labels such as Ronco or the other compilations. Let me know if you need a guest for your radio shows--I do several radio interviews a year about K-tel and my website.  Just let me know!  Groovy!

-Lisa
http://www.ktelclassics.com

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/07/04 at 11:50 am

Love your website!!!!   :)

And Thank YOU for visiting my website (nice to hear you like the weekly trivia  :D ), plus your kind interview offer.

I'll forward info about your website and the interview offer to Joe B - the Super Groovy 70's show host/proprietor  8)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/09/04 at 5:12 pm

Wow I took another look - you have ALL the great K-Tel albums!    :D

I can highly recommend your website to all - check it out!

Written By: Howard on 07/09/04 at 5:17 pm

Hey K-Tel Chick would you happen to have a newsletter I can recieve in my e-mail by any chance?

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/10/04 at 4:12 pm

Absolutely NO bad intentions are meant by me but I'd say that I didn't like the records because they cut all the songs to bits :-\\

Written By: K-tel Chick on 07/12/04 at 8:21 am

Hey K-Tel Chick would you happen to have a newsletter I can recieve in my e-mail by any chance?
Howard

Howard-- just send me your email address through contactus@ktelclassics.com and I'll put you on my mailing list.  I only send out about four emails a year (mostly just a heads-up at the website has been updated).

Written By: Howard on 07/12/04 at 7:33 pm

Howard-- just send me your email address through contactus@ktelclassics.com and I'll put you on my mailing list.  I only send out about four emails a year (mostly just a heads-up at the website has been updated).

Thank You.I enjoy reading every newsletter I can send my e-mail to. ;D

Howard

Written By: eddiescharmed1 on 07/29/04 at 12:25 am

K-tel...can I get on your list??? Loved the K- Tel albums :)

Written By: whistledog on 02/24/06 at 10:04 pm

I only have 4 K-Tel albums from the 70's (all Canadian versions) ... "Sounds Spectacular" (1974), "Star Power" (1977), "Starburst" (1978) and "High Energy" (1979)

I love Star Power because it's got a whole bunch of really hard to find Canadian songs ...

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft - Klaatu
It Always Happens This Way - Toulouse
Hold On - Greg Adams
Set Me Free - Jackson Hawke

8)

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/24/06 at 10:06 pm

yeah..K-Tel's ok... ::).. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/06 at 11:59 am

I have been wanting to hear a song I had on a KTEL album in the 70's called The Princess and the Punk... do you remember it or possibly have it?  I think it was on the same album that had the Welcome Back Kotter Theme song but I am not sure...

Written By: STAR70 on 02/25/06 at 5:23 pm

the last k-tel record being advertised was in '83

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/06 at 5:31 pm

the last k-tel record being advertised was in '83

Here in Canada, the last K-tel record was released in 1984.  From 1985 until the late 90's, the Canadian division of K-tel was taken over by the Quality Records label

Check for new replies or respond here...