inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember...

Written By: jenx on 07/07/04 at 3:49 pm

I am trying to determine if I am remembering an ACTUAL show, or if I dreamed it.  I think it was on Saturday mornings.  It was live action, the characters were all teens and I think the were a detective agency, or something, kinda like the Monkees, only there were also girls that were regulars.  Anyway, they were always solving crimes and stuff (and NO, it wasn't Scooby Doo).  What I remember most are two things:  1.  There was a lot of music, and 2.  one of the regular characters would go crazy and run around if anyone ever said the word "banana" or "bananas".  This would have been on in the late 70's??  Was this really a show or am I crazy?  Thanks!     

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember...

Written By: cat on 07/07/04 at 8:00 pm

It was the Banana Splits. The 4 of the characters were in giant constumes....they ran around a giant empty amusement park????........la la la  lalalala 

Written By: annieox03 on 07/07/04 at 8:10 pm

Sounds like the Bugaloos....I was young ok.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 07/07/04 at 8:50 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking it was the Banana Splits also. ???

Written By: zcrito on 07/07/04 at 9:34 pm

It was the Banana Splits. The 4 of the characters were in giant constumes....they ran around a giant empty amusement park????........la la la  lalalala   

The Banana Splits. What a disapointment. I remember when I was a kid and how the network plugged their new Saturday morning show every chance they got. They even had a full pre-show on the Friday night before its first Saturday morning showing. What a let down. "I'll stick with Jonny Quest" I thought. I also remember the song "More Today Than Yesterday" by Spiral Starecase being popular at the time, so the BS pre-show and that song are forever "linked" together in my brain.

:) ;D

Written By: jenx on 07/07/04 at 10:25 pm

:D    Oh thank God, I'm not going nuts.  I have asked so many people about this...most just say I'm thinking of the Monkees, but I KNEW it was something else!  Hooray for messageboards!  ;D

Written By: jenx on 07/07/04 at 10:49 pm

I think it was the Bugaloos.  The giant costumes I do not remember....

Written By: bj26 on 07/08/04 at 2:32 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking it was the Banana Splits also. ???

I made it through about 5 minutes of this show once, imo it was beyond stupid :D

Written By: lorac614 on 07/08/04 at 4:20 pm

The Bugaloos were bugs, they had wings and antenna (or however you spell it).  I don't know if they solved mysteries.  There was one girl, three guys, and a bee-fire fly kind of bug.

here's a link
http://www.bugaloos.com/

Written By: faeriegirl2 on 09/14/04 at 8:15 am

Sounds like the Thunderbirds  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/14/04 at 9:54 am

http://www.bugaloos.com/group.jpg

Are these people what you're referring to? ^^  ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/14/04 at 9:57 am

I am trying to determine if I am remembering an ACTUAL show, or if I dreamed it.  I think it was on Saturday mornings.  It was live action, the characters were all teens and I think the were a detective agency, or something, kinda like the Monkees, only there were also girls that were regulars.  Anyway, they were always solving crimes and stuff (and NO, it wasn't Scooby Doo).  What I remember most are two things:  1.  There was a lot of music, and 2.  one of the regular characters would go crazy and run around if anyone ever said the word "banana" or "bananas".  This would have been on in the late 70's??   Was this really a show or am I crazy?  Thanks!       

I think it is The Banana Splits.They always wore banana costumes singing"1 Banana,2 Banana 3 Banana 4" and so on and so forth.... :P

Howard

Written By: lilleo1968 on 08/03/05 at 6:55 am

It was The Kids From C.A.P.E.R..  They had  a character that would go nuts when you said the word Banana.  He would freak and gain super strength.  NBC saturday morning show.

Written By: Katherine on 08/03/05 at 9:47 am

For the love of you
Work to do
Love the one your with.

Kat

Written By: w on 08/12/05 at 5:13 pm

Does anyone here remember the 4 banana splits names?    w.

Written By: saver on 08/12/05 at 5:36 pm

Fleegle, Beagle, Drooper and Snork...they were a variet of animals and should have a web site for the photos..One a lion, elephant,dog and I think gorilla

Written By: JenX 66 on 08/14/05 at 5:05 pm

Does anyone here remember the 4 banana splits names?    w.

No, but I do remember that way cool slide in the opening credits!

Check for new replies or respond here...