inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Land of the Lost TV Show

Written By: prettypete on 07/12/04 at 11:34 am

Okay I know this t.v. show came out in the 70's but this was one of my favorites as a kid. I don't remember being that young watching it but a they're coming out with the first season of the show on DVD!!!! I thought I'd stay in the 80's section for this one being a thirtys-something male!!!

Subject: Land of the Lost TV Show

Written By: Dude111 on 10/15/07 at 5:46 pm

The Land of lost discussions site IS COMING BACK (The admin is updating to the latest Vbb software)

www.landofthelost.com/forums

One of my favourite shows of all time!!! (The original 1970s series)

Subject: Re: Land of the Lost TV Show

Written By: Tia on 10/15/07 at 6:04 pm

i LOVE land of the lost. if you look around you'll find a big thread i think valleygirl started about LotL a couple years ago.

i used to go to that message board a lot, too. it's okay, as long as you avoid talking about politics. they got some freaky attitudes about politics over there.

Written By: Dude111 on 10/15/07 at 6:06 pm

We did have a good political thread going,i hope its still there when the latest version gets installed!

Written By: cinnabon on 10/16/07 at 7:13 am

I have the entire LOTL series on DVD - I only have vague memories of the show since I was only 3 when the show started; I watch a lot of GSN and happened to catch one of Wesley Eure's old appearances on Password Plus when Allen Ludden brought the show up (Wesley was a total hottie in the 70's - check out some of the extras sections on the Season 1 and 2 dvd's - on Season 1 there's an interview with him and Kathy Coleman (Holly), and he hosts a LOTL quiz on Season 2 dvd and he still looks pretty good - I think he's about 52 years old now).

What do you think about the Land of the Lost movie they're going to make with Will Ferrell starring as Rick Marshall which starts production in March 2008?  I think they're going to make it as a comedy, like they did with the Brady Bunch Movie; I can't wait to see how that's going to turn out.

Written By: Tia on 10/16/07 at 7:53 am

ever see this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2AW_0EScg

kathy coleman aka holly from a 1970 shakey's commercial. it's pretty hilarious.

i'm pretty skeptical of the remake. i understand the original show is campy and often unintentionally humorous, but it also did a lot of things that were really clever -- for the first two seasons, at least, it actually had a lot of serious science fiction writers working on it, and some very talented people in the crew. so while it was goofy and funny, a lot of the episodes actually were pretty clever. i have a feeling the will farrell remake will preserve all the campiness and leave out the interesting parts. but we'll see, i hope i'm wrong.

Check for new replies or respond here...