inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Non-Profit In Need of some 1970s Help!!!

Written By: SRVS4000 on 07/14/04 at 9:04 am

I work for a non-profit and we are going to do our in-house United Way Campaign in a 1970s theme. We are a large corporation ( about 1,000 employees) and we are having touble comming up with an outrageous 1970s themed moment for our executive director (female and pretty boring) to do. We promote this moment by saying "If we reach our goal the director will balh blah blah..." Any ideas?

Subject: Re: Non-Profit In Need of some 1970s Help!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/04 at 4:05 pm

I too, volunteer for a non-profit so I understand the United Way Campaign. How about, if you reach your goal, she has to put on roller skates and do a skate/dance to Disco Queen?

Cat

Subject: Re: Non-Profit In Need of some 1970s Help!!!

Written By: zcrito on 07/15/04 at 10:18 pm

No, better yet. If you reach your goal she has to do what Colin Powell had to do - dress up like one of the members of The Village People and do the YMCA song, or at least do the letters "Y-M-C-A" to the music. Of course everyone watching will have to join her by doing the letters too.

Let us know what you eventually decide.

:)

(Don't do anything too embarrassing  :-[   ;D )

Check for new replies or respond here...