inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Last Waltz

Written By: AL-B on 07/22/04 at 7:51 pm

Has anyone here seen The Last Waltz, the 1976 concert film about The Band's farewell show? I have it on DVD, and it is incredible. It was directed by Martin Scorsese, and joining The Band onstage were such musical legends as Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, Muddy Waters, and Ringo Starr. I confess, I haven't watched it all the way through...since it's on DVD I like to skip around a lot to different songs, but the musicianship and talent is amazing and it was filmed beautifully. I give it 5 out of 5 smiley faces! :) :) :) :) :)

Subject: Re: The Last Waltz

Written By: ramonjet on 10/07/05 at 3:46 pm

Hey, I remember seeing that one at the movies. So of course I've got the DVD also...there are some great bits on there...the Band oh and Van the Man Morrison's Caravan...Eric Clapton  it's all good!

Subject: Re: The Last Waltz

Written By: whistledog on 10/07/05 at 11:15 pm

I saw bits of it years ago on TV.  I always liked The Band.  Them Canadian boys sure could rock  :)

I was a bigger fan of Robbie Robertson as a solo artist.  His song Somewhere Down the Crazy River was one of my all-time faves of the 80's.  The spoken verses were just fabulous :)

Check for new replies or respond here...