inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70's Prime-Time Theme Songs(With Lyrics)

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/03/04 at 11:41 pm

My faves are the first two listed on the poll :)
(The singers' names are listed,not necessarily the songwriters')

Subject: Re: 70's Prime-Time Theme Songs(With Lyrics)

Written By: jaytee on 08/04/04 at 1:56 am

C'mon Get Happy - David Cassidy

Written By: mandamoo on 08/04/04 at 7:10 am

C'mon Get Happy - David Cassidy

Same as jaytee !

Written By: Paul on 08/04/04 at 7:20 am

'Welcome Back' - John Sebastian

As far as I recall, absolutely none of these series ever got blessed with a 'prime time' slot on British TV (some never even made it to our screens at all...!), for example 'Welcome Back Kotter' (where that above song comes) was relegated to the 3pm slot (before the kids got in from school...!) and 'WKRP' normally occupied the graveyard shift of anywhere between 1 and 4 in the mornings...! Strange...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/04/04 at 8:15 am

Oh dear !  That's a VERY scary list  :(

"WKRP In Cincinatti"-Steve Carlisle(WKRP In Cincinatti)

Written By: karen on 08/04/04 at 8:57 am

Of the ones on the list I know I voted for Laverne and Shirley.  That always struck me as a cheerful sort of tune.

I don't remember the theme song to WKRP although I can remember show 'logo' song (for want of a better word).  I reckon Paul's memory must be a bit off because I remember watching WKRP on Friday evenings in the late 70's/early 80's so it must have been over by 10.00 at the latest I'd have thought (given my young age!! lol).  It used to alternate with SOAP.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/04/04 at 11:50 am

Greatest American Hero (but, wasn't that an early 80s show, just like Joanie Loves Chiachi?)

Otherwise, The Jeffersons, The Facts of Life, and Welcome Back Kotter songs are my other three top picks.

Tanya

Written By: Hairspray on 08/04/04 at 11:55 am

From this list and sticking with strictly 70's, I picked "Makin' It" by David Naughton. It's a fun and cheesy tune filled with many great memories for me. :D ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/04/04 at 4:38 pm

I picked "Welcome Back" (John Sebastian).  Loved the song and loved the show!!  8)

Written By: Paul on 08/04/04 at 4:51 pm

I reckon Paul's memory must be a bit off...

You're not the only one who thinks that, karen...!!

...because I remember watching WKRP on Friday evenings in the late 70's/early 80's so it must have been over by 10.00 at the latest I'd have thought (given my young age!! lol).  It used to alternate with SOAP.

Well, it's so long ago that I can't honestly pinpoint it myself - but it did have that night shift for a long, long while...perhaps the later part of the series, or re-runs?

'Soap' I do remember, and that was definitely on at around that time (Fridays, I think...) - I used to enjoy that until it started getting a bit too bizarre for its own good...

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/04/04 at 5:59 pm

Greatest American Hero (but, wasn't that an early 80s show, just like Joanie Loves Chiachi?)

point well taken;oops.modified...strictly 70's  :)

Written By: Koop on 08/04/04 at 9:48 pm

Movin' On Up was my pick.  You cannot hear that song and not be in a good mood afterward.  :D

Written By: zcrito on 08/04/04 at 10:23 pm

There's only 2 on the list I like

1. "Makin' It"-David Naughton(Makin' It)
2. WKRP In Cincinatti"-Steve Carlisle(WKRP In Cincinatti)

I went with "Makin' It".

:)

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/05/04 at 3:07 am

I went with "Makin' It".

:)

great taste,zcrito  ;)

Written By: karen on 08/05/04 at 4:18 am

Well, it's so long ago that I can't honestly pinpoint it myself - but it did have that night shift for a long, long while...perhaps the later part of the series, or re-runs?

I guess it's easier for me to pinpoint it because it was a relatively late bedtime for me so it must have been Fridays.  This may not have been the first time it was shown, I'll give you that.  I think I'm talking late 70's, say from 1978.  I'm sure I wouldn't have been allowed to watch that programme before about the age of 9.  (Even then many of the jokes went straight over my head!)

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/06/04 at 4:33 pm

Grant Goodeve! How could I miss him on my Worst Songs by an actor list.?!!! ::) ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/07/04 at 12:00 am

Grant Goodeve! How could I miss him on my Worst Songs by an actor list.?!!! ::) ;D

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/04 at 1:33 pm

I have to go with Different World (from Angie) by Maureen McCormick. That song reminds me of someone special from my past.  :) I guess you can say that it was "our song". I also really like WKRP and Moving on up (from the Jeffersons).

Cat

Written By: Lanie on 08/09/04 at 12:10 am

"Three's Company"-Ray Charles and Julia Rinker(Three's Company)

Written By: cnbpjb on 08/05/05 at 8:15 pm

Also this is Peter with a different name.

My favorite up above would have to be the theme from "Laverne & Shirley", but I also loved the theme from "All In The Family" & "WKRP In Cincinnati".

Also the theme from "Soap" was pretty funky, but yeah it did get too bizarre.

There were also two themes from daytime soap operas that were real cool from the 1970's:  "Guiding Light" (late 1970's; 1975 to 1981) & "The Edge Of Night" (the opening of that soap is also classic with the piano) -- btw my signature and my picture is a salute to my favorite actor to come from "Guiding Light" -- Harley Venton.

And special mention has to go to the opening of "Dark Shadows" that ended in the 1970's, "The Waltons", "Night Gallery" & "Hawaii Five-O" (although it was recorded back in 1967, the opening theme definitely was part of the 1970's TV land as well) -- "Hawaii Five-O" also has my favorite quote as well:  "Book 'Em Dano".   

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/05/05 at 8:16 pm

well it's been almost a year to the day since this thread has been active..very cool..welcome Peter  :)

Written By: cnbpjb on 08/06/05 at 8:36 pm

Thank you ktelqueen.  That's such a funny name for a website.  ;D  But I love it!!!!

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/06/05 at 8:55 pm

Thank you ktelqueen.  That's such a funny name for a website.  ;D   But I love it!!!!

you mean mine?muwahaha!!! :D 8) ;)

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/07/05 at 1:10 am

Well, that's an easy choice: The Love Boat of course, it's about the only one that was ever broadcasted overhere (along with "WKRP in Cincinatti", but I can not for the life of me remember the theme song to that show, and "All in the family", of course, but we didn't use to watch that).

Written By: zcrito on 08/07/05 at 7:41 pm

Well, that's an easy choice: The Love Boat of course, it's about the only one that was ever broadcasted overhere (along with "WKRP in Cincinatti", but I can not for the life of me remember the theme song to that show, and "All in the family", of course, but we didn't use to watch that).

Here you go, Faulty. The full intro is under the first little tv on the left of the WKRP section.
WKRP is one of my favorite shows from the '70s.

Written By: whistledog on 02/17/06 at 10:09 pm

WKRP by Steve Carlisle.  Did you know it was an actual hit?

The theme song hit #65 on Billboard in November of 1981, just 5 months before the series was cancelled

Subject: 70's Prime-Time Theme Songs(With Lyrics)

Written By: Dude111 on 12/20/17 at 9:43 pm

"Movin' On Up" (The Jeffersons)

My fav on the list :)

Written By: Howard on 12/21/17 at 7:03 am

Different Strokes

Check for new replies or respond here...