inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What the hell was that all about??

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/23/04 at 7:11 am

HR Puff'n'stuff??? What on earth was going on there then?

Subject: Re: What the hell was that all about??

Written By: bj26 on 08/23/04 at 7:25 am

I only watched snippits of the shows and believe there were a set of good characters, and the villain was Witcheepoo. I think she was cute when the funky fake nose was removed.  There was a big bear character that talked with a southern drawal. Hope this helps :) 

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/23/04 at 8:03 am

I only watched snippits of the shows and believe there were a set of good characters, and the villain was Witcheepoo. I think she was cute when the funky fake nose was removed.  There was a big bear character that talked with a southern drawal. Hope this helps :) 

Thanks for that BJ. I have actually watched it, and still don't understand what it's all about!! Then again, maybe I'm not supposed to!!

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/23/04 at 10:39 am

They were puf'n stuff alright!!! :) 

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 08/23/04 at 10:53 am

They were puf'n stuff alright!!! :) 

Absolutely Ladybug. And poor old Jack Wild who played Jimmy is now on deaths door I believe!!

Written By: Koop on 08/23/04 at 11:04 am

Sid and Marty Kroft claim that they never did acid or any other sort of drug..........

Talking mushrooms?  Hmmm...... ;D

But I have to admit, as a kid, I loved it.  ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/23/04 at 11:36 am

Crazy show, alright!  :D

Written By: bj26 on 08/23/04 at 2:10 pm

Absolutely Ladybug. And poor old Jack Wild who played Jimmy is now on deaths door I believe!!

I remember the little boy, he was a similar character to the little guy in Treasure Island. Jack Wild couldn't be more than about 40, how is it you think he is dying :-\\

Written By: Marian on 08/23/04 at 2:36 pm

I remember the little boy, he was a similar character to the little guy in Treasure Island. Jack Wild couldn't be more than about 40, how is it you think he is dying :-\\
:(I'm 39,soI think he's at least in his mid-40s,if not yet 50.Anyway,he was a heavy smoker and drinker,and got throat and tongue cancer.He lost his larynx and his tongue.It was in People magazine,in the Passages section.

Written By: bj26 on 08/23/04 at 2:58 pm

Sorry I asked, what a bummer.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/23/04 at 8:22 pm

http://www.geocities.com/whittakill/puff/puff1.jpg

This show aired in September 1973 & possibly ended from what I had read in 1979.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/23/04 at 8:25 pm

I barely even remember it cause at the time in the late 70's,I was watching Sesame Street & Electric Company. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/04 at 8:28 pm

Crazy stuff. I'm not sure if I was old enough to appreciate it.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/24/04 at 11:44 am

http://www.geocities.com/whittakill/puff/puff1.jpg

This show aired in September 1973 & possibly ended from what I had read in 1979.

Howard

This is not true.  I let my kids watch an episode that was on TV here a couple of months ago, and it said the year was 1969.  And if you look at how Jack Wilder dressed, you can tell that it definitely started in the '60s.  :)

Written By: Marian on 08/24/04 at 2:35 pm

This is not true.  I let my kids watch an episode that was on TV here a couple of months ago, and it said the year was 1969.  And if you look at how Jack Wilder dressed, you can tell that it definitely started in the '60s.  :)
:o :oDefinitely 60s.I remember watching it when i was about 4 or 5.Cheers!

Written By: Howard on 08/24/04 at 4:40 pm

I'd like to see H.R Puff N Stuff make it's return after 30 Years.

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 08/24/04 at 4:47 pm

I always loved that show. It started in 1969, so I was 8 when it came out. So, of course I didn't think there was anything weird about it. But looking back now, man it was strange. I always loved those kind of shows, like The Banana Splits, and Sigmund and the Seamonster.  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/04 at 5:09 pm

I also liked Villa Alegre.It ran from 1970-1980 but don't even know whatever became of it after 25 years.  :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/24/04 at 5:10 pm

I always loved that show. It started in 1969, so I was 8 when it came out. So, of course I didn't think there was anything weird about it. But looking back now, man it was strange. I always loved those kind of shows, like The Banana Splits, and Sigmund and the Seamonster.  :D

H.R Puff N Stuff already had been out after I was born in 1974 but I never watched it.

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 08/24/04 at 6:39 pm

I also liked Villa Alegre.It ran from 1970-1980 but don't even know whatever became of it after 25 years.  :(

Howard

I've never heard of that one, Howard. Was it a show just in your local area?

Written By: Howard on 08/24/04 at 7:52 pm

I've never heard of that one, Howard. Was it a show just in your local area?

Villa Alegre was a children's television program On Channel 13 teaching children to learn Spanish.It ran for about 10 years and ended in 1980.It was never heard from again.

Howard

Written By: Koop on 08/24/04 at 10:43 pm

Villa Alegre was a children's television program On Channel 13 teaching children to learn Spanish.It ran for about 10 years and ended in 1980.It was never heard from again.

Howard

I remember that show.  It was on PBS.  I watched it a few times.  The only things I really remember about it was the theme song and there was a lady on there that would say something in Spanish in a regular tone of voice, then she'd repeat it, in a whisper.  :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/25/04 at 1:09 am

i was born in 69 and definitely watched it as a child..my sister gave me the box set a few years ago..haven't gotten around to watching it yet  ::)
..anyway,i loved it back in the day along with Sigmund and the Seamonsters and sooo many others but i've never seen The Banana Splits..only ever heard about that show a few years ago  :-\\

Written By: bj26 on 08/25/04 at 9:11 am

Puf n Stuff, the Monkees, Banana Splits, Zeigfried, these were surreal psychodelic era shows, directed to kids, can't understand why I didn't watch them, as I was a kid once.  I liked cartoons more and Shari and Lambchop and the Dead End Kids.  Those other shows were so wacky I couldn't stay interested, maybe I was too young.  Wonder how my kids would respond to those shows today.

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/25/04 at 11:21 am

I liked cartoons more and Shari and Lambchop and the Dead End Kids. 

i LOVED lambchop  :)

Written By: StarskyHutch76 on 08/25/04 at 6:17 pm

We shoulda busted them when we had the chance but Capn' Doby wouldn't let us :(

Written By: Howard on 08/25/04 at 6:50 pm

I remember that show.  It was on PBS.  I watched it a few times.  The only things I really remember about it was the theme song and there was a lady on there that would say something in Spanish in a regular tone of voice, then she'd repeat it, in a whisper.   :D

That I remember but it was such a long time ago. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/25/04 at 6:52 pm

i LOVED lambchop  :)

I wonder where Lambchop is after Shari Lewis passed away couple of years ago? ???

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/04 at 11:41 pm

H. Ross PuffNstuff ran for president in '92!
:D

We had a PuffNstuff record when we were kids, I can't remember which one.  I do remember Mama Cass was on it, though!

Written By: karen on 08/26/04 at 3:42 am

I don't remember puff n stuff at all.  Do remember the Banana Splits though.  I can still sing the theme song!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/04 at 11:24 am

As a kid who watched just about EVERYTHING on t.v. I couldn't stand H.R. Puf'n'stuf. I remember watching an episode (I don't remember why), when Witchiepoo gave them sleeping pills or something and H.R. said, "Oh, my head is so heavy". Well, A DUH! You have a head the size of a buick what do you expect? Personally, I think the writers were on LSD or something. I always liked the "other" Sid and Marty Croft show Lidsville but in retrospect was just as stupid as H.R.P.

A little FYI about Jack Wild-he was in the movie Robin Hood, Prince of Theives with Kevin Costner. He was one of the guys who brought Marian to Robin when he was taking a shower in the waterfall. That was the last movie I have seen him in.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/26/04 at 7:28 pm

I don't remember puff n stuff at all.  Do remember the Banana Splits though.  I can still sing the theme song!

"Tra La La,Tra La La, La Tra La La La"?  ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...