inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV Trivia of the 70s

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 08/27/04 at 1:43 pm

In the section "TV Trivia of the 70s" on this site, there was a question that has me stumped.. :D
The question is "On Happy Days, what animal did Fonzie jump his motorcycle over?
Now it's been quite some time since I seen this show last,but from what I remember,he jumped the shark on a pair of water skies not his motorcycle... :)

Subject: Re: TV Trivia of the 70s

Written By: Dagwood on 08/27/04 at 7:21 pm

I remember him jumping barrels, but not animals.  You are talking about him jumping in the parking lot at Al's, right?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/28/04 at 12:11 am

I remember when he jumped, he lost control, and crashed into the Fried Chicken stall  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/28/04 at 9:22 am

Then I think there was a Part 1 to this episode to Happy Days.  ???

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/04 at 6:22 pm

Yes...he jumped over a shark..it was a 2 part show with the end of part 1 placing the Fonz in the middle of the jump ::)

Written By: Koop on 08/28/04 at 8:08 pm

Yes...he jumped over a shark..it was a 2 part show with the end of part 1 placing the Fonz in the middle of the jump ::)

And he wore his boots and leather jacket while doing so.  ;D

Written By: zcrito on 08/29/04 at 12:29 pm

The Fonz jumping a shark. :(

That's what the site "http://www.jumptheshark.com" is based on -- bad writing and bizarre situations used in some television shows on their way down and out.

;)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/29/04 at 4:54 pm

True, but he jumped the shark on water skiis.  SuspiciousMinds was talking about jumping something on his bike.  I think that one was only a 1 parter.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/29/04 at 5:14 pm

True, but he jumped the shark on water skiis.  SuspiciousMinds was talking about jumping something on his bike.  I think that one was only a 1 parter.
Naw....the one where he jumped the barrels? In Arnolds parking lot....that was also a 2 parter ???

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 08/30/04 at 12:37 am

Yeah the one where he jumped the barrels with his motorcycle was a two parter also...

But this guy/gal that worte the Trivia question is mixing the two together...

As I said,the question was>>>"On Happy Days, what animal did Fonzie jump his motorcycle over?
And the answer they had was>>>"a shark"...

But it was a pair of waterskies he used to jump the shark,and a motorcycle was used to jump the barrels..

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 7:05 pm

The Fonz jumping a shark. :(

That's what the site "http://www.jumptheshark.com" is based on -- bad writing and bizarre situations used in some television shows on their way down and out.

;)

Did Happy Days ever jump the shark? ???

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 08/30/04 at 7:30 pm

Naw....the one where he jumped the barrels? In Arnolds parking lot....that was also a 2 parter ???

Really?  Ok, I was wrong.  At least I had the motorcycle and barrels right. :P

Written By: Dagwood on 08/30/04 at 7:33 pm

Did Happy Days ever jump the shark? ???

Howard

That is where the phrase came from.  A lot of people think Happy Days "jumped the shark" when Fonzie did.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 7:54 pm

That is where the phrase came from.  A lot of people think Happy Days "jumped the shark" when Fonzie did.

but Fonzie never made a spinoff like Joanie and Chachi.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...