inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Happy Days Character

Written By: eightiesfan on 08/30/04 at 7:46 am

So many great characters on this classic series, it's hard to decide!  I always thought Potsie was the cutest one, so I'll vote for him, along with Ralph and Richie.

Subject: Re: Favorite Happy Days Character

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/04 at 9:53 am

I voted for Richie, Fonzie, and Mrs. C. I always loved it when she said, "Howard, are you getting frisky?" I also like Arnold.

Personally, I think that Donny Most (Ralph) was a much better singer than Ansin Williams (Potsie)

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/30/04 at 12:29 pm

I voted for Fonzie and Richie.  8)

Written By: Koop on 08/30/04 at 1:31 pm

I voted for Mr. & Mrs. C and Arnold (who I liked MUCH better than Al).

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 08/30/04 at 3:49 pm

Richie, Mrs. C. and the Fonz

Written By: SuperFreak on 08/30/04 at 6:58 pm

Richie, Potsie and Ralph!

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 7:02 pm

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_tv/happydays_91.jpg

Fonzie and Ritchie. :)

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/30/04 at 8:01 pm

Chiachi (which is Japanese for Penis), Al, and Fonzie

Tanya

Written By: mandamoo on 08/31/04 at 3:46 am

Mr C

Written By: jaytee on 08/31/04 at 7:07 am

Mrs C, Fonzie & Ralph

Written By: eightiesfan on 08/31/04 at 11:14 am

Just a bit of fun useless trivia: Kopp's Frozen Custard stand in Milwaukee Wisconsin was used to shoot the exterior scenes for Arnold's.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 3:16 pm

Chiachi (which is Japanese for Penis), Al, and Fonzie

Tanya

Chachi actually means penis in Japanese? So,the show actually meant "Joanie loves penis"?  ??? ;D

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 08/31/04 at 6:41 pm

Al, Arnold and Fonzie.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/31/04 at 9:50 pm

Ralph

followed by Fonz and Arnold

Written By: joedeertae on 09/02/04 at 9:15 pm

I picked other because my favorites were Pinky Tuskadero (sp?) and Jenny Piccalo.

J.Dirt 8)

Written By: whistledog on 09/20/05 at 7:32 pm

My Favourite Happy Days character appeared on the show from 1980-1984 ... Ted McGinley as Roger Philips :)

Written By: kairi747 on 09/21/05 at 10:15 am

hey!  what about good ol' chuck!!  :D

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 09/21/05 at 11:27 am

I vote for &  like Fonzie

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/21/05 at 11:44 am

Fonzie, Potsie, & Ralph

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/21/05 at 12:53 pm

Fonzie and Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham

Written By: Bobby on 09/21/05 at 1:58 pm

I liked Mr Cunningham, Fonzie and Arnold.  :)

Written By: bj26 on 09/21/05 at 2:18 pm

Sorry i can't vote, just couldn't make myself like the show :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/05 at 2:33 pm

Does anyone remember Chuck? He was Richie's older brother who went off to college and was never seen again. One of life's mysteries. What ever happened to Chuck Cunningham?

Cat

Written By: YWN on 09/21/05 at 2:49 pm

I picked Fonzie, Ralph, and Mrs. C.  :)

Are you getting frisky?

I still got it!

'eeeeeeyyyy!

Written By: Wiffle on 09/21/05 at 6:28 pm

I liked early Fonzie, before his character was the main character and he moved in above the Cunninghams' garage. He was kind of shady in the beginning.

Does anyone else remember the two floor plans for the Cunningham house? In the first episodes, the front door was to the left, then the living room, then a formal dining room, and then the kitchen. The later episodes, the front door opened from the right of the set, then they had the living room and an informal dining area, then the kitchen.

Plus don't forget that their oldest son Chuck just disappeared from the face of the earth with no explanation.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/21/05 at 7:33 pm

I have to vote for other, I liked Leather Tuscedero
played by Susie Quatro.

I also liked the Malachi Brothers.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/21/05 at 7:52 pm

i also liked the malachi brothers.

Oh Yeah !

"Let the pigeons loose"

I use that to this day (in context), and I have never met anyone who had the slightest as to what I am talking about  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: YWN on 09/21/05 at 8:32 pm

I liked early Fonzie, before his character was the main character and he moved in above the Cunninghams' garage. He was kind of shady in the beginning.

Does anyone else remember the two floor plans for the Cunningham house? In the first episodes, the front door was to the left, then the living room, then a formal dining room, and then the kitchen. The later episodes, the front door opened from the right of the set, then they had the living room and an informal dining area, then the kitchen.

Plus don't forget that their oldest son Chuck just disappeared from the face of the earth with no explanation.

Fonzie had some kind of personality change somewhere in the show.  I don't even think it was gradual.  One moment, he's the high school drop out who cheated on math tests, the next moment he's the friendly auto teacher who gives teenagers advice.

And I forgot about Chuck.  He was only in the first few episodes.  ???

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/05 at 8:41 pm

Does anyone remember Chuck? He was Richie's older brother who went off to college and was never seen again. One of life's mysteries. What ever happened to Chuck Cunningham?

Cat

I remember Chuck.  He was in a few episodes in the first season, and (played by a different actor) was in a few more episodes in a later season, but after that, you would never even know Richie had a brother.  He was never talked about

Written By: Wiffle on 09/21/05 at 9:51 pm

I would say that Fonzie had at least three stages.

First there was the high school drop out "tough" Fonzie, then there was "family friendly" Fonzie who rented that room from the Cunninghams. Then there was "jumped the shark" Fonzie who was the high school teacher, and went on vacations with the rest of the wacky gang.

I read somewhere that Fonzie was never supposed to be a main character but the reaction was so strong that they changed his character.

Fonzie had some kind of personality change somewhere in the show.  I don't even think it was gradual.  One moment, he's the high school drop out who cheated on math tests, the next moment he's the friendly auto teacher who gives teenagers advice.

And I forgot about Chuck.  He was only in the first few episodes.   ???

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/05 at 9:59 pm

I would say that Fonzie had at least three stages.

First there was the high school drop out "tough" Fonzie, then there was "family friendly" Fonzie who rented that room from the Cunninghams. Then there was "jumped the shark" Fonzie who was the high school teacher, and went on vacations with the rest of the wacky gang.

I read somewhere that Fonzie was never supposed to be a main character but the reaction was so strong that they changed his character.

In the first season of Happy Days, Fonzie was just a cool guy that all the kids knew.  He wore a grey jacket and rode around on his motorcycle.  His character quickly became popular, so they added in the leather jacket look, and he became a primary character in the film when he moved above the cunnimgham's garage :)

Fonzie slowly transitioned from rebel to family man, when in the final season, he adopted a son :)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 09/22/05 at 10:28 am

Joanie 
Chachi
Potsie

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/05 at 10:48 am

Yeah, I remember the two floor plans. They had an interier decorator come in sometime between the first and second season. I think that this decorator also kidnapped Chuck and told the family not to say a word or else the house will be changed back to the way it orginally was.  :D ;D

Cat

Written By: ralfy on 07/01/16 at 11:25 am

"Stuart Nisbet, Character Actor Who Was in (Almost) Everything, Dies at 82"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stuart-nisbet-dead-character-actor-907629

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/02/16 at 3:39 pm

For the sake of OP, I chose Fonzie.

Written By: robby76 on 07/02/16 at 10:40 pm

Mrs C, Mr C and Richie - in that order.

I see Joanie is joint bottom of the list. There was something a little irksome with her.

Written By: Howard on 07/03/16 at 2:46 pm

For the sake of OP, I chose Fonzie.

same here, I always liked Fonzie, He was such a cool character. :)

Subject: Favorite Happy Days Character

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 3:58 pm

I voted for Fonzie and Richie.  8)

I voted only Fonzie but I guess Richee is good too! (I love Fonzie though)

Check for new replies or respond here...