inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Long Forgotten Songs

Written By: Sherree on 09/07/04 at 10:28 pm

OK, someone will have to help me know that I did not make this up!  :D  Does anyone remember in the 70's those few songs that came out that were sort of like news reports?  Someone would be reporting the news and then want to get a comment from someone and the comment would be a line from a current song.  They were HILARIOUS!! But I can't remember what they were called or who did them.  Can someone help me???   ???

Thank you!  Sherree

Subject: Re: Long Forgotten Songs

Written By: zcrito on 09/07/04 at 11:49 pm

I think this is what you're looking for...

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,2917.0.html

;)
:)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/04 at 12:06 am

There was not only "Mr. Jaws" but also others like "Convention '72" (I'm not sure of the artist )& "Energy Crisis '74" also by Goodman...

Written By: Sherree on 09/08/04 at 9:46 am

Awesome!  You are the best!  :)  I have asked so many people and they all look at me like I have two heads, but I knew those songs were out there somewhere!  I hated to see that, after he brought so much laughter to others, he ended up committing suicide.  That's sad.

Thank you for this info!

Sherree

Written By: zcrito on 09/08/04 at 1:15 pm

Awesome!  You are the best!   :)  I have asked so many people and they all look at me like I have two heads, but I knew those songs were out there somewhere!  I hated to see that, after he brought so much laughter to others, he ended up committing suicide.  That's sad.

Thank you for this info!

Sherree

I guess he was like alot of people: laughing on the outside but crying on the inside?  ;D :\'(

(it's funny but those type of people may be the best people in the world. Much better than the laughing/angry group  ;D /  >:( )

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 6:51 pm

Awesome!  You are the best!   :)  I have asked so many people and they all look at me like I have two heads, but I knew those songs were out there somewhere!  I hated to see that, after he brought so much laughter to others, he ended up committing suicide.  That's sad.

Thank you for this info!

Sherree

Why did he want to do that to himself? ???

Howard

Written By: Sherree on 09/08/04 at 7:23 pm

I don't know why he felt there was no other way out.  I did some more reading and here is a good article about him.  http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/goodman.html

He was really big in my day and I thought he was very cool

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 7:53 pm

I don't know why he felt there was no other way out.  I did some more reading and here is a good article about him.  http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/goodman.html

He was really big in my day and I thought he was very cool

So,he was part of the music business? ???

Howard

Written By: Sherree on 09/09/04 at 11:05 am

From this article it looks like he was in music for about 20 years in one form or fashion.

http://www.comedystars.com/Bios/goodman_dickie.shtml

Written By: Howard on 09/09/04 at 7:44 pm

I don't even remember him at all.  :-\\

Howard

Written By: DJJohnnyG on 09/12/04 at 8:09 pm

OK, someone will have to help me know that I did not make this up!  :D  Does anyone remember in the 70's those few songs that came out that were sort of like news reports?  Someone would be reporting the news and then want to get a comment from someone and the comment would be a line from a current song.  They were HILARIOUS!! But I can't remember what they were called or who did them.  Can someone help me???  ???

Thank you!  Sherree

The original song of this nature and I'm very surprised that no one has remembered it is "Moonflight" by Vik Venus.  Done at the very height of the Bubblegum craze in 1969, it had snippets of songs like "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy"  and "1 2 3 Red Light".

A very cool song, I might add...

John

Written By: Howard on 09/13/04 at 7:39 pm

it's funny but those type of people may be the best people in the world. Much better than the laughing/angry group  /  )

You're right zcrito.It is better. ;D

Howard

Written By: Sherree on 09/16/04 at 12:55 pm

I vaguely remember the song Moonflight though I'd forgotten about it until you mentioned it.  I'm gonna have to see if I can find it...I know that will jump start the ol' memory! Thanks!  ;D
Sherree

Check for new replies or respond here...