inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remaking The Partridge Family

Written By: AstringOfPoloponie on 09/12/04 at 3:55 pm

I recently saw the televized Partridge Family  auditions which I thought were extremely terrible.I can't understand why they want to remake The Partridge Family now. Especially when it's so obvious that they're being so cheap and not including the two smaller children in the cast ! LOL !Any other Kids of the 70s out there slightly appauled by this venture , too ?

Subject: Re: Remaking The Partridge Family

Written By: Koop on 09/12/04 at 5:14 pm

They obviously didn't learn anything after "The New Monkees" from the 80s.  Why can't they just come up with something original instead of trying to go back? 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/04 at 7:31 pm

When I first heard about this, my first reaction was *GROAN* After thinking about it for a bit, my second reaction was *GROAN*  Nope, after thinking about it, it still sounds like a very bad idea.

Cat

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/13/04 at 1:45 am

When I first heard about this, my first reaction was *GROAN* After thinking about it for a bit, my second reaction was *GROAN*  Nope, after thinking about it, it still sounds like a very bad idea.

Cat

I third Cat's Groan !  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 09/13/04 at 7:34 pm

How about other re-makes such as:

Jeffersons
Different Strokes
All In The Family  ;D

Just hoping the re-make of The Partridge Family turns out well as planned. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/13/04 at 7:36 pm

They obviously didn't learn anything after "The New Monkees" from the 80s.  Why can't they just come up with something original instead of trying to go back? 

When were The New Monkees on television during the 80's?  ???

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/13/04 at 9:41 pm

It happens in the movies all the time....it's the Hollywood greed machine, and it doesn't CARE about quality, just $  ::)

Written By: Koop on 09/13/04 at 11:08 pm

When were The New Monkees on television during the 80's?  ???

Howard

In 1987.  It didn't last long. (Thank goodness!)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092413/

Written By: Howard on 09/14/04 at 9:59 am

In 1987.  It didn't last long. (Thank goodness!)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092413/

You know Koop,I must've missed it 17 years ago.I don't even know what the hell I was watching back then. ::)

Howard

Written By: Koop on 09/15/04 at 10:30 am

You know Koop,I must've missed it 17 years ago.I don't even know what the hell I was watching back then. ::)

Howard

I don't think you missed much, Howard.  Especially with The New Monkees.  I actually tried to watch it a few times, since I loved the original.

Written By: Howard on 09/15/04 at 7:57 pm

I don't think you missed much, Howard.  Especially with The New Monkees.  I actually tried to watch it a few times, since I loved the original.

Who was in "The New Monkees"? I forgot. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/15/04 at 7:59 pm

I think The New Partridge Family is gonna suck cause it can't capture the styles and sounds of the 70's just like the original did. :P

Howard

Written By: lebeiw15 on 09/19/04 at 7:51 pm

You know, with all the channel-surfing I've done in the past week or so, this is the ONLY *@$(&@$ING THING ON VH1!!!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/19/04 at 9:57 pm

Why? That's all I have to say. Auditions??? For what, to stand there and lip-sync? Can't we just have the original run of something and let it go?

Tanya

Written By: joedeertae on 09/22/04 at 7:50 am

I finally caught a few minutes of the auditions.... ???  eerrmmmm... that was stoopid.

Written By: Howard on 09/25/04 at 9:18 am

They should re-make All In The Family.Now,that would be interesting. ;D

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/25/04 at 10:17 am

They should re-make All In The Family.Now,that would be interesting. ;D

Howard

OH PUUULLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!! Everytime they try to make a remake of these old shows it is nothing but a disaster.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/25/04 at 10:28 am

OH PUUULLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!! Everytime they try to make a remake of these old shows it is nothing but a disaster.

Cat

Well ya you're right.They made an Eight Is Enough reunion in 1989 but that flopped big time.

Howard

Written By: kairi747 on 11/08/04 at 11:52 am

I enjoyed watching the auditions.  it is going to be an updated version, they are not trying to recreate the feel of the 70's.  they are also not forgetting about the two younger kids.  they were just polite enough not to audition them in front of america and break their hearts on national tv!  i really don't think there's hope for the show, but i'm going to watch it anyway.  the partridge family rocked the 70's!! i had david cassidy stickers on my bike and my sister and i covered  (and i mean covered!!) our walls with pictures from the way-hip tiger beat magazines!!  c'mon, get happy! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...