inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dubonnet advert music from the 70's

Written By: mac2mac on 09/19/04 at 5:04 pm

Dubonnet had an advert that a classical type aria and I taught it was called the Shepherds Song but I cannot find it. Anyone remember it. Cheers

Subject: Re: Dubonnet advert music from the 70's

Written By: danootaandme on 09/19/04 at 5:12 pm

Dubonnet had an advert that a classical type aria and I taught it was called the Shepherds Song but I cannot find it. Anyone remember it. Cheers

The only Dubonnet I remember from the 70's is the one with Pai Zadora, I think I was the only
one who liked that commercial. :)

Written By: mac2mac on 09/19/04 at 5:17 pm

I think I remember that one with Pia (happy days) this one was a woman walking through fields on a hazy summer fields, it was sung by a woman, high pitched voice. any help
mac

Written By: Phil Dowhan on 12/30/04 at 7:37 pm

Try This URL
http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1210_rewind/thework/design_movingImage/design_movingImage.php

I also am looking for the song and also think it is called the shepherds song.
The url above will let you see the add again if that helps and you find out what the record is please let me know.

Written By: Mike Redmond on 02/20/05 at 1:56 pm

It is shepherd song, performed, I believe by the Tony Osborne Sound.

I dont know how you can get hold of it. :)

Written By: Mike Redmond on 02/20/05 at 2:28 pm

Acker Bilk also has agood version, with clarinet :-\\

Written By: juls on 06/29/08 at 1:37 pm

I have a copy of the song that went with the advert - The Shepherds Song. It was being played by the brass band in the park today and took me back to a song I'd forgotten about!

Written By: peter on 12/01/08 at 7:04 am

ive found the song type this in you tube "songs of the auvergne".

Written By: Merv on 01/21/09 at 6:24 am

You can stream the original Tony Osbourne single at http://www.imeem.com/people/vNqRFaH/music/bVEkmohD/tony_osbourne_sound_shepards_song/

Written By: Andy on 07/11/09 at 3:36 pm

bailero (lulaby) songs of the auvergne Marie-Joseph Canteloube

Written By: Ada on 12/11/11 at 3:21 pm

This music I think is from the composer Canteloube? Songs of the Auvergne, and is the 'Shepherdess Song'. based on a traditional french folk song. Ada G

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/11 at 1:54 pm

This music I think is from the composer Canteloube? Songs of the Auvergne, and is the 'Shepherdess Song'. based on a traditional french folk song. Ada G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lalGP1_hgyI

Written By: Trevor Barnard on 06/13/12 at 1:32 pm

I had this bought for me for Xmas 1973, i am sure it was on a blue labelled 45, not quite sure if it was Phillips.

Check for new replies or respond here...