inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Roman Polanski

Written By: eightiesfan on 09/20/04 at 11:40 am

Do you think Roman Polanski should still have to serve time for statutory rape of a 13-year old girl in 1977, should he ever decide to return to the States?

On the one hand, I feel bad for him because I know he's had a rough life, with his mother being killed by the Nazis and then his pregnant wife Sharon Tate being murdered by the Manson family; on the other hand, the law is still the law and he should have taken responsibility for his actions, in my opinion.

Subject: Re: Roman Polanski

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/04 at 10:01 pm

Do you think Roman Polanski should still have to serve time for statutory rape of a 13-year old girl in 1977, should he ever decide to return to the States?

On the one hand, I feel bad for him because I know he's had a rough life, with his mother being killed by the Nazis and then his pregnant wife Sharon Tate being murdered by the Manson family; on the other hand, the law is still the law and he should have taken responsibility for his actions, in my opinion.
Rape is Rape....Sick Is Sick..running from the Law is running From The Law.....Lock his sorry @ss Up! He's just another example of how high the standards are in Hollyweird..they treat him like his a freakin' saint >:(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/21/04 at 1:31 pm

I think he should definitely have to serve time!

Written By: Koop on 09/21/04 at 2:49 pm

Rape is Rape....Sick Is Sick..running from the Law is running From The Law.....Lock his sorry @ss Up! He's just another example of how high the standards are in Hollyweird..they treat him like his a freakin' saint >:(

I couldn't agree more!  I've always believed in very harsh punishment for child molesters/rapists and just because he's famous, that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be punished for it.  I don't care how many good films he's made, what he's been through, he raped a child...he should be punished. 

Written By: Dagwood on 09/21/04 at 5:29 pm

I agree with RnRfan.  I don't care what kind of things happened in the past.  He made the choice to do what he did and needs to serve time.  There are plenty of people in this world with traumatic childhoods, etc and they aren't out sleeping with minors. 

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/22/04 at 7:33 am

Put the Roman to the sword  >:(

Written By: eightiesfan on 09/23/04 at 7:37 am

I think he won an Oscar this past year for "The Pianist" - he may have earned it for his work on the film, but I don't think the Academy should have allowed him to receive it until he owns up to his crime, IMO.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/25/04 at 10:32 pm

I think he won an Oscar this past year for "The Pianist" - he may have earned it for his work on the film, but I don't think the Academy should have allowed him to receive it until he owns up to his crime, IMO.
It's just amzing to me that some people actually separate the idiot that raped from the "Great" director ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/26/04 at 9:03 am

Well, let's see...

While Roman's beloved wife was being slaughtered at Cielo Drive, Roman was out of the country, cheating on her with a different woman.  Throughout their marriage he was a consistent and profligate womanizer and cheater.

Then he rapes the 13-year-old and skips the country.

Lots of people lost family members to the Nazis and they did not rape children as a way to deal with it.

Throw the book at him, and make him Charlie Manson's cellmate.  Furthermore, take him to trial for flight to avoid prosecution and make his sentence LONGER.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/04 at 3:26 pm

Well, let's see...

While Roman's beloved wife was being slaughtered at Cielo Drive, Roman was out of the country, cheating on her with a different woman.  Throughout their marriage he was a consistent and profligate womanizer and cheater.

Then he rapes the 13-year-old and skips the country.

Lots of people lost family members to the Nazis and they did not rape children as a way to deal with it.

Throw the book at him, and make him Charlie Manson's cellmate.  Furthermore, take him to trial for flight to avoid prosecution and make his sentence LONGER.
Problem with sticking him in with "Charlie" is that he'd have internet access and cable TV...just like Mnason does >:(

Written By: ProgShred on 09/28/04 at 3:29 am

Because of his wealth, I think he would've been aquited if he had gone to trial instead of fleeing. There is still a chance of that happening if he is ever brought to trial in the future.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/28/04 at 6:55 am

Take his heart out with a spoon.  Never forgive, never forget. >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 10:18 am

Take his heart out with a spoon.  Never forgive, never forget. >:(
IF I could locate a heart in him then I'd rather use a fork >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...