inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Goofy '70's Songs

Written By: Bat65 on 09/26/04 at 7:59 pm

Can anyone remember the songs that were made by using snippts of other songs?
I can remember 2 of them,  One featuring King Kong,  and the other Evil Kenevel.
The format of the song was a reporter asking people questions.. and the answer would be the song snippet.  I am searching for these songs,  as everyone thinks I am nuts.  Nobody believes they existed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Subject: Re: Goofy '70's Songs

Written By: zcrito on 09/26/04 at 8:37 pm

You don't mean like these described at...

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,3249.0.html

and at...

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,2536.0.html

do you?

::)
;)
:)

Written By: bj26 on 09/28/04 at 7:00 am

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen this is your eyewitness news reporter covering the disturbance at the super market, did you see what happened sir?

Yeh ah deed - ah was standin over der by the termaters and here he come round the bend naked as a jay bird, ah yelled over to ma wife, DONT LOOK ETHEL, but it was too late, she'd already been moooooned!!!!

Oh yeh they call him the STREAK :o

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/28/04 at 8:35 am

There was also one of these "snippet songs" I believe, called Mr. Jaws.  Does anyone remember that one?

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/28/04 at 9:58 am

That was by Dickie Goodman circa 1975. He played the reporter interviewing the Captain and playing the hits at that time. It was funny for a pre-teen like myself.

There was also one of these "snippet songs" I believe, called Mr. Jaws.  Does anyone remember that one?

Written By: Paul on 09/28/04 at 12:49 pm

As far as I'm aware, we only had two examples of this 'cut-in' record in the UK...'Renta Santa' and 'Bionic Santa' (1975 & 1976 respectively) both by Chris Hill - a noted club DJ...

Not sure why they never really caught on like they did in America - my guess is that there were too many copyright issues...

Written By: Howard on 09/29/04 at 7:01 pm

Disco Duck-Rick Dees

Mississippi Squirrel Revival-Ray Stevens

Howard

Written By: Corinth on 10/11/04 at 7:49 pm

8)I don't know where they exist but I do know they do because as  a kid friends and I used to do our own with a tape recorder like ask a question ie. What would you like? then play like Jimmy Buffet's part of the I'd like mine with lettuce and tomato ,etc. etc. and then go right behind it with another one and then by the time we were through we had our own sorta song? We did it quickly and backwards from what you are looking for though. Hay make up your own and then your friends won't think you are nuts.hahahaha

Written By: Howard on 10/12/04 at 5:10 pm

The Pina Colada Song
Sesame Street Disco

Those right there are a few. ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...