inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Costume Ideas for the 70s

Written By: faeriegirl2 on 09/29/04 at 10:01 am

Any chance of posting costume ideas for the 70s?
My workmates and I are having a fancy dress (costume) party soon, for 'Pre 90's rock stars'. I'm havin' a difficult time finding any for the 70s.  :-\\
The one for the 80s is great!   ;)

Subject: Re: Costume Ideas for the 70s

Written By: txadoptadog on 10/05/04 at 12:45 pm

I'm going as Elton John. I bought some funky glasses, a boa and a funky hat.  I am looking for some platform shoes on the net.  I don't know what clothes I should wear. I was thinking maybe a white tux jacket with tails.  I am going to carry a toy piano with me.

Written By: alwayssearching on 10/08/04 at 11:58 pm

You could go as "disco duck".

Written By: alwayssearching on 10/09/04 at 11:30 pm

Ok, another wacky idea...go as an 8 track tape.  I have made "big" costumes out of foam and material and it just takes a little creativity and a lot of hot glue!

Or,

a 70's movie character like Billy Jack, one of the characters from Deliverence(depends on your comfort level and sense of humor), The creepy guy from "A Clockwork Orange", One of "The Solid Gold Dancers",Um..streaker(or not), one of the Brady's(Marsha,Marsha,Marsha!), one of the Village People,Kiss or Osmonds, Bay City Rollers(break out the plaid), Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Nixon, Someone from "All In The Family" or A knight in white satin or "purple haze".

Ok, I'm out of ideas and many of these suck, but I gave myself a few to think about for an upcoming Halloween party.  I kind of like Purple Haze-pretty easy to do with some fabric...

Have fun!

Laurel

Written By: faeriegirl2 on 10/13/04 at 5:10 am

Hey Guys!

Thanks for those ideas. Wish I had more though... That Fancy Dress party's next week!
I'll be goin as some 80s Chick myself...

Hope it's worth it!

Thanks a mill !

Check for new replies or respond here...