inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: some music video..

Written By: kris on 10/03/04 at 8:15 pm

i saw this really corny looking music video that looked like it could have been from the 70s or 80s....i only picked up one word from it, which is "world." the chorus says something about bouncing to your world or turning to your world or...something about "your world." the tune is pretty corny itself...but it's killing me not knowing what this song is..

the video has 4 main dancers: 2 guys and 2 girls.  it's got them doing this really really strange looking dance..where they swing their arms in circles in front of their bodies and then follow it up with other little corny steps and then they turn to their right...they just continuously do it...starting with the funky arm-swinging..it looks ridiculous.

anyway...i would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out with naming this song...

Subject: Re: some music video..

Written By: woops on 10/03/04 at 8:20 pm

Sounds like "Stand" by REM. From 1988.

Written By: kris on 10/04/04 at 6:43 pm

Sounds like "Stand" by REM. From 1988.

you are a savior. that's the one i'm lookin for! thanks a lot...you have no idea how much stress you've lifted from my shoulders..hehe..now i can put lyrics to that tune.

Written By: Chrisrj on 10/04/04 at 8:03 pm

Now I feel old.... that was from 1989, which I saw in the 3rd grade.

I think he needs to see real 70s videos... just to tell the difference(no offense)

Written By: kris on 10/04/04 at 8:53 pm

haha..none taken - you're probably right. it was too bright to be 70s but hair was too big to be 90s...i should have known better..but that's what you get when you're at hard rock cafe with a chick and not really paying attention..

Written By: KimberIndy on 10/07/04 at 8:11 pm

"Stand in the place where you live...now face north...."

The place I used to work in had 2 guys named Stan. I always used to sing "Stan's in the place that I work..."

I had entirely too much time on my hands.  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...