inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: explorers?

Written By: mr_hip on 10/08/04 at 12:12 pm

:-\\  i have been trying to look for a film about 2 kids who recieve messages from outer space
they find this old side stall shaped like an apple,
they fly into space and meet these 2 aliens ,after finding out the 2 aliens were kids and they stole the ....car
i'm not sure what it is called.
help ::)

Subject: Re: explorers?

Written By: alwayssearching on 10/10/04 at 1:15 pm

Is it "Escape from Witch Mountain"?..I can't remember if they went into space or not.

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/10/04 at 9:11 pm

"Explorers" was a film from 1985.  Was the first thing we watched in our VCR.  It was about 3 kids, at least one was a total tech whiz and computer geek.  They somehow created a clear capsule that would move to wherever they told it.  They found this old tilt-a-whirl (the apple-shaped stall) and built it up into their own little space vehicle, then resized the capsule to fit the vehicle.  There was the part about finding the alien monsters and figuring out what they were saying and talking with them.  Though I love this movie, Ive seen it a few times and have had one heck of a time trying to follow everything.  Reminds me to rent it again, or find it on ebay, and maybe now Im older I can make better sense of it.

Written By: mr_hip on 12/05/04 at 6:00 am

thanks for that and once i find  a copy my kids will love it ::)

Written By: Banks on 12/06/04 at 8:54 pm

This movie also stars a young River Phoenix, Ethan Hawk and Jason Pesson as well as Amanda Peterson.

This is by far one of my favorite sci-fi movies....I love the "Rolls-Kennardly" joke which features in the movie. I dont think it is hard to find. Here in Australia it has been released on DVD, so Id say that it is available in the USA and Britain.

The other movie which was mentioned in this thread, Escape From Whitch Mountain also had a sequel called Return To Whitch Mountain Both movies are Disney fioms, and have been released on DVD here in Australia, and like I said before, if it has been released here, then its been released everywhere.

Alright Now

Check for new replies or respond here...