inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember this?????

Written By: tanya on 10/13/04 at 12:45 am

I would appreciate any help/feedback anyone has on this............

Does anyone remember watching an animated version of Jack and the Beanstalk in the mid 70's.  (it is not the one Amazon has for sale that was out in '76)  This one had some great songs in it and I remember the harp being a big part of the movie.  Also the princess in the movie sings this real eerie song.......here are some of the lyrics:  "I am a lonely child, caught in a world gone wild,  waiting for love to protect me,  ..............????????........I don't know what life means,  will there be someone to protect me, In the light of the day, someone sings to me,..........." 

I have been trying to find this for years;  Can anyone help????

Thanks So Much!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember this?????

Written By: jt on 10/13/04 at 1:24 am

I would appreciate any help/feedback anyone has on this............

Does anyone remember watching an animated version of Jack and the Beanstalk in the mid 70's.  (it is not the one Amazon has for sale that was out in '76)  This one had some great songs in it and I remember the harp being a big part of the movie.  Also the princess in the movie sings this real eerie song.......here are some of the lyrics:  "I am a lonely child, caught in a world gone wild,  waiting for love to protect me,  ..............????????........I don't know what life means,  will there be someone to protect me, In the light of the day, someone sings to me,..........." 

I have been trying to find this for years;  Can anyone help????

Thanks So Much!!!!!!!!!!!

Try the International Movie Data Base.  They have quite a few listed on their site.  There is a Japanese version from 1974.  Perhaps this is what you're looking for.

Written By: jt on 10/13/04 at 1:37 am

Try the International Movie Data Base.  They have quite a few listed on their site.  There is a Japanese version from 1974.  Perhaps this is what you're looking for.

Sorry .... I meant try the Internet Movie Data Base.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/04 at 12:03 pm

I remember the one they are selling at Amazon.  I remember watching it a long time ago and for some strange and unusual reason, I remember some of the songs. (A friend of mine and I used to watch a few times when it came on HBO) The giant's name was Tulip. And one song I remember went "No one's happier than I. I feel like reaching up to touch the sky."  But you said that isn't the one you are looking for.

Cat

Written By: tanya on 10/13/04 at 8:42 pm

Sorry .... I meant try the Internet Movie Data Base.  :)

Thanks for the lead but I just checked and it's not listed there.  If you have any other ideas please let me know.  I appreciate all suggestions.

Tanya

Written By: tanya on 10/13/04 at 9:02 pm

I remember the one they are selling at Amazon.  I remember watching it a long time ago and for some strange and unusual reason, I remember some of the songs. (A friend of mine and I used to watch a few times when it came on HBO) The giant's name was Tulip. And one song I remember went "No one's happier than I. I feel like reaching up to touch the sky."  But you said that isn't the one you are looking for.

Cat

Unfortunately it isn't the one I'm looking for.  I ordered it and watched it and though it was a cute movie, it wasn't the one.  I remember that Jack was more "grown up" and the princess was blond in the end they ended up together.  When I was little, my family had Showtime, not HBO........I always thought that maybe I saw it on ABC, NBC, or CBS, but maybe it was a Showtime production.  I am going to e-mail them.  Thanks for jogging my memory.......and PLEASE let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks again,

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...