inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fatback

Written By: Howard on 11/08/04 at 8:11 pm

Ok,this should be a pretty easy poll.What are your favorite funky Fatback songs from these 7 options? GOOD LUCK! :)

Howard

Subject: Re: Fatback

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/04 at 11:53 pm

Let's Do It Again!

Tanya

Written By: joedeertae on 11/09/04 at 9:49 am

Same here... Let's Do It Again 8)

What about yours Howard? :)

Written By: Howard on 11/09/04 at 5:54 pm

Same here... Let's Do It Again 8)

What about yours Howard? :)

Yum Yum(Gimmie Some)
Spanish Hustle
I Like Girls
King Tim 3rd(Personality Jock)

It seems like they hit it big during the early-mid 70's but then Fatback kinda slowed down in 1983 with 3 hits until they went their separate ways.Their last hit was December of 1983 with("I Found Lovin"). :) They decided to get back together once more in 1985 with an album entitled "Delicious".

Howard

Written By: zcrito on 11/10/04 at 1:09 pm

Nice obscure poll, Howard.
Fatback Band's "King Tim III" and Sugar Hill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" were the first two rap songs to make it on the Billboard charts.
Both entered on the same week in Oct.1979.
:)

Written By: Howard on 11/10/04 at 5:50 pm

Would anyone remember when they had 3 songs but were not exactly big hits in 1983?

The Girl Is Fine(So Fine)
Is This The Future?
I Found Lovin'

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/10/04 at 5:52 pm

Nice obscure poll, Howard.
Fatback Band's "King Tim III" and Sugar Hill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" were the first two rap songs to make it on the Billboard charts.
Both entered on the same week in Oct.1979.
:)

Thanks Zcrito.Those songs were considered "rap" at the time until rap actually hit it big 4 years later. :)

Howard

Written By: Paul on 11/11/04 at 6:41 pm

Would anyone remember when they had 3 songs but were not exactly big hits in 1983?

The Girl Is Fine(So Fine)
Is This The Future?
I Found Lovin'

Howard

I actually know all of those, Howard (and still have 'em knocking around somewhere...)

Not big hits as you say, but they were all fairly well-played in British clubs and on dance-oriented radio stations in the early 80s, but...

'I Found Lovin'' became something of an anthem with the clubbers and eventually made the British top ten in 1987 - their biggest hit...

And from that above list...'Spanish Hustle'

Written By: Howard on 11/11/04 at 7:45 pm

I actually know all of those, Howard (and still have 'em knocking around somewhere...)

Not big hits as you say, but they were all fairly well-played in British clubs and on dance-oriented radio stations in the early 80s, but...

'I Found Lovin'' became something of an anthem with the clubbers and eventually made the British top ten in 1987 - their biggest hit...

And from that above list...'Spanish Hustle'

But do you remember when Fatback came out with 1 more album entitled "Delicious" in 1985?

Howard

Written By: Paul on 11/12/04 at 3:23 pm

But do you remember when Fatback came out with 1 more album entitled "Delicious" in 1985?

Howard

Sadly I don't, Howard...they'd dropped off my radar by '85...

I did a bit of investigating and the LP was released here, but it must've been very low-key - I don't recall it at all...

Written By: Howard on 11/12/04 at 7:52 pm

Sadly I don't, Howard...they'd dropped off my radar by '85...

I did a bit of investigating and the LP was released here, but it must've been very low-key - I don't recall it at all...

I read in the Fatback biography that in December of 1983,they had used a lot of hooks and percussion instruments but Fatback was caught between the major labels and couldn't afford it anymore so they had departed ways but went ahead with just 1 more try in 1985.
That's basically what happened.It was the 80's and funk was just about dead so rap came on the scene many months later. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...