inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Benji

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/04 at 12:09 pm

Anyone here heard of or seen the movie Benji? It's one of my favorite 70's movies, I like the dog in the film as well.

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20041118/10/6/5/2/6520dbe5960045d3d0095c97c686319e0_full.jpg

Subject: Re: Benji

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/04 at 1:52 pm

There were so many Benji movies. The one I liked was "Benji, the Hunted". T.V. tried to cash in on the Benji theme by having Boomer who happen to look a lot like Benji.

FYI, Benji was the dog on Petticoat Junction.

Cat

Written By: Davester on 11/27/04 at 1:57 pm

Yeah, I 'member these movies...

Had the occasion to meet Benji the Dog once...

Saw him on the street near a dumpster.  I said, "Hey!  I know you...you're Benji..!  Howya doin'?"
                                                            He siad, "Raaowl..ruff, ruff.  Rwrawl..."
                                                            To which I replied, "Ouch..tough break, man..."
                                                            Then he peed on my leg and disappeared into the night.

Never saw him again after that, but I can still enjoy his movies like I did in times past...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/04 at 2:28 pm

Saw him on the street near a dumpster.  I said, "Hey!  I know you...you're Benji..!  Howya doin'?"

Never saw him again after that, but I can still enjoy his movies like I did in times past...

LMAO!

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/04 at 3:07 pm

LOL!!!!!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/27/04 at 5:13 pm

I like those Benji movies.I believe that Benji,Lassie and that basketball playing dog are the only felines I've seen that were in films so far. ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/27/04 at 5:15 pm

and what else did he say? ;D

Howard

Written By: Mergal on 11/28/04 at 7:57 pm

Funny!  ;D

Anyway, I watched several Benji movies when I was a kid---I remember even watching a Benji Christmas special. I don't really remember much about them except for one with two antagonists trying to have possession of Benji and they end up chasing him all over town, and I would yell, "Go Benji! Go Benji!," even though I'd already seen it before and knew how it ended while my brother would tell me to be quiet.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/04 at 8:04 pm

How long has it been since they ever made a Benji film? ???

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/29/04 at 1:32 am

I never got into Benji when I was younger. I mean, it's a dog for crying out loud!

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/04 at 1:56 pm

How long has it been since they ever made a Benji film? ???

Howard

Since last year....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315273/

Written By: Howard on 11/29/04 at 6:14 pm

http://nexbase.net/albums/BenjiOfftheLeash%21/Benji_Off_the_Leash_poster.sized.jpg

That is such a cool poster.^

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/29/04 at 6:16 pm

I'd like to see Morris The Cat and Benji The Dog collaborate in a film together.That would be such a funny team. ;D

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/04 at 6:32 pm

I'd like to see Morris The Cat and Benji The Dog collaborate in a film together.That would be such a funny team. ;D

Howard

Is Morris The Cat still around?

Written By: Howard on 11/29/04 at 7:25 pm

yes he is.I just recently saw him in his new commercial for 9 Lives.He was doing backflips after enjoying his meal. ;D

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/04 at 12:36 pm

yes he is.I just recently saw him in his new commercial for 9 Lives.He was doing backflips after enjoying his meal. ;D

Howard

Ok, thanks!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/30/04 at 12:42 pm

The orginal Morris has gone to the "big catbox in the sky" but Morris "the next generation" is still around (like Lassie who I think is on generation #7 or something like that). I'm sure Benji is on generation #2 or so.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/30/04 at 7:13 pm

The orginal Morris has gone to the "big catbox in the sky" but Morris "the next generation" is still around (like Lassie who I think is on generation #7 or something like that). I'm sure Benji is on generation #2 or so.

Cat

Morris should be the one doing the Meow Mix commericals. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/30/04 at 7:13 pm

Ok, thanks!

You're Welcome. :)

Howard

Written By: nally on 12/01/04 at 12:09 am

One Benji movie I remember seeing (at least on TV) is "Oh Heavenly Dog." It starred Chevy Chase and Omar Sharif...and I remember that Chevy Chase's character dies and his spirit reincarnates inside a dog (Benji). I saw it at least ten years ago, so I don't remember too much more details.

Check for new replies or respond here...