inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone help me find this song????

Written By: Banks on 12/06/04 at 9:05 pm

I used to own a song by a group called Yellow Dog. Im pretty sure it was called Just One More Night. It was released in either 1978 or 1979, and the chorus went something like this:

Can I - Can I
Can I please stay,
Ill do all the washing,
Ill do all the shopping,
Please, please,
Just one more Night.

At the end a guy Yells out "NO!!!" and then there is the sound of a door slamming. Then you hear a phone ringing and at the other end of the line you hear:

Can I - Can I
Can I please stay,
Ill do all the washing,
Ill do all the shopping,
Please, please,
Just one more....

At which point the phone is slammed back into its cradle and thats how the song ends.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find this song to buy or to download? (a friend of mine will put it onto a CD for me if he can find it). I used to own it, and while looking through my singles collection last night I realised it was missing.

I will be greatful for any help.

Alright Now

Subject: Re: Can anyone help me find this song????

Written By: Paul on 12/07/04 at 6:32 pm

Yes, it was from about 1978 AN...the brainchild of one Kenny Young, who was previously involved with a group called Fox of 'S-S-S-Single Bed' fame...

To my knowledge, it has been featured on a few UK comps - but not sure about any Aus ones...

That said, it should be fairly easy to grab hold of on one of the file-share programmes (if you're that way inclined)...

As a very last resort, if you're still having no joy, PM me and we'll sort something out...best of luck...

Written By: Banks on 12/08/04 at 4:04 am

Thank you so much!!!

I found out today that it isnt available for sale in any way here in Australlia so Ill start looking for it online tonight.  :)

If I cant find it to download, Ill definately be PM-ing you because I really liked the song and kinda feel weird knowing that it isnt available for me to listen to after so many years.

Thanks again.

Alright Now

Written By: mandamoo on 12/08/04 at 7:52 am

I remember 'One More Night' a fun and very funny song ! 8)

Written By: Crofty on 01/05/05 at 11:26 am

Hey I've been looking for that record for ages! Used to make me laugh as a ten year old in the 70's  ;D
Would love to hear it again...
Good luck in your search - I think it'll be pretty easy to get hold of on vinyl.

Crofty

Check for new replies or respond here...