inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Three's Company

Written By: ElDuderino on 12/17/04 at 4:19 pm

Anyone else like this show? It comes on TV Land quite often. I think John Ritter is really funny in it, and so are the girls. Don Knotts as well, and the old man and woman from the earlier seasons.

Also, the women are very pretty I think.  ;D

Subject: Re: Three's Company

Written By: gord on 12/17/04 at 6:35 pm

Yeah it was a good show, their landlords from the early seasons were the Ropers, which I think spun off into its own series called The Ropers ,I think they used differant actors to play them though. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/17/04 at 6:49 pm

http://jacksbistro.freeservers.com/cgi-bin/framed/3298/tccast.jpg

I always looked forward to watching Three's Company and Jack's clumsiness. ;D

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/17/04 at 7:06 pm

And the roomates always had to make sort of excuse for Jack being there!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/17/04 at 7:07 pm

And the roomates always had to make sort of excuse for Jack being there!  ;D

He was either sleeping or having sex. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/17/04 at 7:08 pm

What's everyone's favorite episode? ;D

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/17/04 at 8:00 pm

It's cool! My favorite episode was when Jack lied about having a twin. Supposedly, the twin was cowboy-like!

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 12/17/04 at 8:37 pm

Grandma Tripper ;D

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/17/04 at 8:40 pm

^the baking contest episode? Ha!

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 12/17/04 at 9:18 pm

Furley's brother Bart

Howard

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/19/04 at 8:13 pm

I loved this show when it was on the air!  8)

My favorite episode is where Jack is helping Chrissy hang a shower curtain and Mr. Roper walks into the roommate's apartment.  He overhears them talking about how it "won't reach" and how it has to be "unfolded first", and automatically thinks they're 'getting it on'!  ;D

Written By: shadowygirl on 12/20/04 at 12:58 am

My favourite epsiode was the one when Jack and Chrissy are handcuffed together, especially the scene where Jack is eating cake, and Chrissy is hiding under the table with only her hand visible which smears Jack's face with cake.

Did anyone else notice how Chrissy got progressively stupider as the series went on?

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 12/20/04 at 8:32 am

I think they used differant actors to play them though. :)

Nope,same actors.

Written By: Howard on 12/20/04 at 7:08 pm

I loved this show when it was on the air!  8)

My favorite episode is where Jack is helping Chrissy hang a shower curtain and Mr. Roper walks into the roommate's apartment.  He overhears them talking about how it "won't reach" and how it has to be "unfolded first", and automatically thinks they're 'getting it on'!  ;D

I remember that.I can't believe Mr.Roper actually assumed both of them were having sex. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/20/04 at 7:09 pm

My favourite epsiode was the one when Jack and Chrissy are handcuffed together, especially the scene where Jack is eating cake, and Chrissy is hiding under the table with only her hand visible which smears Jack's face with cake.

Did anyone else notice how Chrissy got progressively stupider as the series went on?

Suzanne Somers left Three's Company in 1982 and yes I agree she became more stupider as the series went on. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/20/04 at 10:10 pm

Yeah it was a good show, their landlords from the early seasons were the Ropers, which I think spun off into its own series called The Ropers ,I think they used differant actors to play them though. :)
Naw, it was the same people on the spin-off...Audra Lindly and Norman Fell :)

Written By: nally on 12/20/04 at 10:11 pm

One episode I got a kick out of was when Jack pretended to have a twin brother named Austin (from Texas) so he could date Mr. Furley's niece. And when they had a party, Jack had to be himself and his "twin", taking off the cowboy hat and hiding it from Furley's view. That was too funny. ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/20/04 at 10:44 pm

One episode I got a kick out of was when Jack pretended to have a twin brother named Austin (from Texas) so he could date Mr. Furley's niece. And when they had a party, Jack had to be himself and his "twin", taking off the cowboy hat and hiding it from Furley's view. That was too funny. ;D

I remember that episode.  It was quite funny!  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/20/04 at 11:30 pm

I remember that episode.  It was quite funny!  ;D

It was indeed! ;D I saw it on TV Land maybe a month or two ago.

Written By: mitch1987 on 12/21/04 at 3:19 am

One of the greatest sitcoms ever!! It also IMO shows a lot of the fashions of the time. i remember laughing at Mr Furley's suits back then and watching it now lol...everyone has on some pretty funky clothes. One of the few shows that still can make you laugh no matter how many times you see it. MASH and The Beverly Hillbillies are two other that can to.

Written By: karen on 12/21/04 at 5:08 am

This one a copy of the British show "Man about the House".  The British version launched two spin-offs - one about the landlords "George and Mildred" and one about Robin afterwards called "Robin's Nest"

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/manabout/

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 4:23 pm

John Ritter sure pulled it off pretty well to be playing a pretend twin brother. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 4:27 pm

It seems like in 1984 when the show had become Three's A Crowd,nobody knew whatever became of Jack and his wife when they moved into a new apartment and Mr.Bradford saw them and he had said that he was the new landlord of the new apartment.What was gonna happen after that? ???

Howard

Written By: eightiesfan on 12/29/04 at 7:54 am

I love Three's Company - it wasn't the same show for me though when Suzanne Somers left, although Terri was okay.

It sure would be great if Suzanne and Joyce Dewitt would make up if they haven't already done so, especially now that John Ritter is gone.

Written By: kairi747 on 12/29/04 at 10:16 am

He was either sleeping or having sex. ;D

Howard

no one actually HAD sex on that show.  it was so riske for the 70's, but that was barely even implied!

Written By: Howard on 12/29/04 at 3:50 pm

no one actually HAD sex on that show.  it was so riske for the 70's, but that was barely even implied!

That's what made ift funny.people always overheard conversations and misunderstood a lot. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/29/04 at 3:51 pm

Does anyone think that Three's A Crowd would've still continued after 1984 when Jack and his wife married & settled down in an apartment? ???

Howard

Written By: bj26 on 12/30/04 at 7:32 am

Don't remember the episode, only the part when Janet appeared in a a very sexy nightie ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/02/05 at 6:30 pm

I wonder why it was changed from Three's Company to Three's A Crowd? ???

Howard

Written By: trance on 01/04/05 at 2:43 am

That was one of the reasons she bolted from the show....she said during an interview that she got tired of the "dumb blond girl" image.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/04/05 at 10:58 am

That was one of the reasons she bolted from the show....she said during an interview that she got tired of the "dumb blond girl" image.

I thought greed was the reason she left the show.  She wanted more money and the network wouldn't give it to her.  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 3:33 pm

I forgot what the name of Jack's co-worker at the restaurant was?  ??? The one who was Spanish. ???

Howard

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/04/05 at 9:11 pm

I forgot what the name of Jack's co-worker at the restaurant was?  ??? The one who was Spanish. ???

Howard

That was Felipe.  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 4:19 pm

That was Felipe.  :D

Wasn't Felipe corny with his laugh"he,he,he,he" and his "jess"(yes) answers? ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 4:21 pm

How about the episode where he had to choose between one girlfriend upstairs and one downstairs? ;D

Howard

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/05/05 at 5:55 pm

Howard

He was definitely corny, but at the same time I got a kick out of him!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 6:46 pm

I keep forgetting the name of Jack's boss in the restaurant? Did you find him funny? ;D

Howard

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 01/06/05 at 12:24 am

Season 4 is slated for May 3.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/06/05 at 12:56 pm

I keep forgetting the name of Jack's boss in the restaurant? Did you find him funny? ;D

Howard

Mr. Angelino.  I thought he was okay, but nowhere near as funny as Felipe.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/06/05 at 2:03 pm

Mr. Angelino.  I thought he was okay, but nowhere near as funny as Felipe.  ;D

Felipe always had that spanish accent which made most of the episodes funny. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/06/05 at 2:05 pm

How about the episode where Jack by accident cut his finger and needed it to get bandaged? ;D

Howard

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/06/05 at 2:27 pm

Felipe always had that spanish accent which made most of the episodes funny. ;D

Howard

Yes, and his facial gestures.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/06/05 at 3:03 pm

What episodes did you hate? :P

Howard

Written By: nally on 01/09/05 at 10:37 pm

Howard

I think I remember seeing one episode with Felipe a while back...but I don't remember what it was about. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/10/05 at 4:10 pm

I think I remember seeing one episode with Felipe a while back...but I don't remember what it was about. :-\\

was this the episode where Jack chopped his finger and it started to bleed? ???

Howard

Written By: Davester on 07/05/06 at 12:32 am

TV Land ran a Three's Company marathon, weekend before last...

The movie was very interesting...dealing with the departure of Suzanne Somers from the show...

Written By: whistledog on 07/05/06 at 10:08 am

Whenever Mr. Roper would make a joke towards Helen, he'd look at the camera and laugh, Or whenever Mr. Furley was caught in a misunderstanding, his eyes would bug out and his head would shake really fast.  Those were great 8)

One of my favourite episodes was the one where Jack was dating that girl Shirley who had an overprotective brother named Harvey, who was a bodybuilder at the local gym ;D

The one that stands out though is that one where Larry was trying to stall time, so he was asking that old lady what that lovely scent was which she was wearing, and she was like "It's Ben Gay" ;D

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 4:20 pm

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/239179tccast.jpg

I always looked forward to watching Three's Company and Jack's clumsiness. ;D

Ya I remember seeing the LAST EPISODE and it was sad......... I loved it!!

Does anyone remember THE FIRST EPISODE?? (I dunno if I ever saw it)

I thought greed was the reason she left the show.  She wanted more money and the network wouldn't give it to her.  ???

Wouldnt doubt it @ all to be honest! (The 80s got worse and worse and so did people)

Written By: Howard on 07/08/17 at 5:35 pm

Ya I remember seeing the LAST EPISODE and it was sad......... I loved it!!

Does anyone remember THE FIRST EPISODE?? (I dunno if I ever saw it)

Wouldnt doubt it @ all to be honest! (The 80s got worse and worse and so did people)

Wasn't the first episode where they all thought he was gay? ???

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 6:16 pm

Hmmmmm yeah you may be right,maybe I have seen it! (Mr roper would only let them stay together if he was gay right?)

Written By: Howard on 07/09/17 at 7:03 am

Hmmmmm yeah you may be right,maybe I have seen it! (Mr roper would only let them stay together if he was gay right?)

They all found Jack sleeping in the bathtub.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/09/17 at 1:26 pm

Yeah I still watch the reruns all the time. It's on weekdays on Antenna TV at 9:00 PM. I think one of the funniest episodes really is the one where Jack went with Janet to this party and took a tranquilizer because he was scared to fly. He was really out of it at the party and told people there these ridiculous jobs he supposedly had, like Jesuit Priest, Brain Surgeon, and Congressman. Idk it makes me LOL every time I see that.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/10/17 at 3:15 pm

Yeah I still watch the reruns all the time. It's on weekdays on Antenna TV at 9:00 PM. I think one of the funniest episodes really is the one where Jack went with Janet to this party and took a tranquilizer because he was scared to fly. He was really out of it at the party and told people there these ridiculous jobs he supposedly had, like Jesuit Priest, Brain Surgeon, and Congressman. Idk it makes me LOL every time I see that.  ;D

Who's your favorite character?

Written By: Brian06 on 07/10/17 at 4:09 pm

Who's your favorite character?

Jack.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/17 at 4:17 pm

Jack.

mine too.

Written By: nally on 07/10/17 at 11:27 pm

I occasionally watch the reruns of it as well, on the same channel. Good stuff.

Jack.

mine too.
yeah, he was a crackup. ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/11/17 at 6:55 am

My second favorite would have to be Mr.Furley.
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/925/10Aknottschef.jpg

Written By: robby76 on 07/11/17 at 9:05 am

Like many I grew up on Three's Company. So many great episodes and jokes I still re-tell today. My fave season would be season 5 as that was the one I remember most fondly growing up... and yes it was the Cindy season.

Fave character is without a doubt Mr Furley. The Ropers storylines got a bit same-y and Mr Furley was a much needed breath of fresh air.

I have seasons 2-5 on dvd. They put in two versions of the pilot episode as a bonus feature, with two different Chrissy's.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/17 at 2:25 pm

Like many I grew up on Three's Company. So many great episodes and jokes I still re-tell today. My fave season would be season 5 as that was the one I remember most fondly growing up... and yes it was the Cindy season.

Fave character is without a doubt Mr Furley. The Ropers storylines got a bit same-y and Mr Furley was a much needed breath of fresh air.

I have seasons 2-5 on dvd. They put in two versions of the pilot episode as a bonus feature, with two different Chrissy's.

I agree about The Ropers, all they did was complain all the time and Mr.Furley was hilarious. ;D

Written By: annimal on 07/11/17 at 3:55 pm

yup

Written By: Howard on 07/12/17 at 3:08 pm

I always thought Larry Dallas was a cool guy who got all the ladies.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ek5O2C3F5aY/TOhlo-zPvBI/AAAAAAAABFQ/clet60Ptm_0/s1600/Richard_Kline+then.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...