inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember this board game? HELP!

Written By: judgetommy on 01/05/05 at 9:45 pm

Hi.  I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone remembers this board game.  I'm trying to get the name to see if I can find it on eBay for my nephew.  It came out in perhaps the late 70's or early 80's and had to do with plumbing.  I remember that the object of the game was to use the small plastic game pieces which resembled pipes or tubes (e.g. straight pipes, elbows, tees) and connect your pieces vertically until you reached an object (I think it was a bathtub) which was already elevated using some long pipes.  I remember that there was a faucet, a sink and some other water-related items in the game.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember this board game? HELP!

Written By: mitch1987 on 01/05/05 at 10:12 pm

Was it Mouse Trap? I remember it having a tub and lots of pipes.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/05/05 at 10:20 pm

Was it Mouse Trap? I remember it having a tub and lots of pipes.

Probally...

Written By: judgetommy on 01/06/05 at 1:05 pm

Hi.  Thanks for your response.  It wasn't Mousetrap, though.  I think Mousetrap was more of a contraption which had a ball moving around and would end up in trapping the mouse under a cage.  In the game I was referring to, each player would pick small plastic playing pieces which resembled pipes and would connect them vertically to reach some object (already elevated by other long pipes)which was maybe a foot above the board game.  Thanks for your response, though.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/05 at 1:53 pm

So tommy it's a plumbing game & you'd have to trap a mouse? ???

Howard

Written By: judgetommy on 01/06/05 at 2:08 pm

Hey, Howard.  No, another user was the one that mentioned Mousetrap.  This game pretty much just had the board, dice (I think), the playing pices or tokens and the plumbing stuff (pipes, faucet, bathtub, sink).  Thanks anyway.

Written By: Zella on 01/07/05 at 3:26 pm

I remember it, but I am afraid I don't know what it was called... :(

Written By: lorac614 on 01/07/05 at 4:55 pm

I'm sorry I don't know the name of the games but you could try lookinh here
http://www.bigredtoybox.com/

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 01/08/05 at 9:28 pm

That sounds like Water Works.  I think it was made by Parker Bros.  We had it as a card game though.  You had to build a pipeline with a minimum number of cards.  Opposing players could give you problems by giving you a leaky pipe.  It was a really fun game as I recall.

Written By: judgetommy on 01/16/05 at 8:48 am

Lorac, thanks for the suggestion, but I couldn't find it on there.

Jeff, it wasn't Water Works though; there weren't really any cards in the game.  Thanks anyway.

I've looked everywhere but can't find it; it looks like it wasn't a very well known game.  If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Check for new replies or respond here...