inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: jack wild lovers..sad to say....

Written By: saver on 01/10/05 at 5:40 pm

I tried to scoop this story to the Enquirer but they must've felt it wasn't in their best interest so....

The summer of '04 Child actor/singer, Jack Wild-from the movie Oliver and 70's tv show H.R. Pufnstuf had to have his vocal chords and tongue removed due to throat cancer!

Such a sad loss of a talented singer and actors abilities.
The UK press covered the story but hadn't heard of it in the US so I was getting the word out for the fans who wondered.."What ever became of.." I was one that still has his records and sorry to say we will never hear the voice we remember again.

He will continue to do appearances I hear, but someone will be replying for him. :\'(

God bless in the recovery Jack!

Subject: Re: jack wild lovers..sad to say....

Written By: maddog on 01/13/05 at 2:11 pm

I read in the news over here that he's been appearing in a pantomime over Christmas in a specially written part that requires no speech, just mime and dancing etc.

Written By: Howard on 01/13/05 at 3:03 pm

http://www.sunshineday.com/neugast/2nd%20Tier%20Pages/Resources/jaccolage.jpeg

will Jack Wild ever be able to talk? :(

Howard

Written By: saver on 01/13/05 at 4:51 pm

So far no,...his girlfriend may appear with him at events to answer questions..but we lost a GREAT voice!!

Then again there is always sign language!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/05 at 8:53 pm

He had a small part in Prince of Theives. He played one of the "Merry men" who tried to "rob" Marian when she told them to bring her to Robin.

That is very sad news.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...