inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70s album cage match round 4

Written By: gord on 01/10/05 at 6:04 pm

Time for a new challenger, 'Toys In The Attic' by Aerosmith beat out 'Out Of The Blue' by ELO. 'Out Of The Blue' was champ for a week so we may see it return if we get into decades vs. decades. Anyway bring on a new challenger, its 'Toys In The Attic'  vs.  :)

Subject: Re: 70s album cage match round 4

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/10/05 at 6:07 pm

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac  8)

Written By: woops on 01/10/05 at 9:55 pm

Tough call... I'm sticking to "Toys In The Attic"  8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/10/05 at 10:47 pm

For the LP that sat at #1 for 33 straight weeks in 1977 and still is the best selling ROCK LP of all-time (MJ and  "Thriller" never played on a Real Rock station)...definately and by far Rumours ;) ONLY problem I had with it originally is that they left "Silver Springs" off of it back then :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/10/05 at 10:51 pm

For the LP that sat at #1 for 33 straight weeks in 1977 and still is the best selling ROCK LP of all-time (MJ and  "Thriller" never played on a Real Rock station)...definately and by far Rumours ;) ONLY problem I had with it originally is that they left "Silver Springs" off of it back then :D

you rock,Mark 8)..it's gotta be my favourite album of all time(closely followed by Saturday Night Fever  :D)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/10/05 at 11:21 pm

Definitely Rumours! One of the defining 70s album. My mom still has her copy!

Tanya

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/10/05 at 11:45 pm

Definitely Rumours! One of the defining 70s album. My mom still has her copy!
Tanya

ummm..so do i  ??? ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/11/05 at 12:08 am

ummm..so do i  ??? ;)
I still have mine as well as the original 45 rpm of "Go Your Own Way"....the flipside "Silver Springs"  missed out on the LP... ::)

Written By: SuperFreak on 01/11/05 at 12:09 am

Rumours!

Written By: gord on 01/11/05 at 5:34 am

Rumours for me, believe it or not I just got this on CD, I have the original album and the cassette which I've long lost the case for. I remember being at a buddies house when I was 13 or 14 in 77 or 78, his older brother brought the album home and we listened to it a few times over, and as 14 year old boys would do, discussed who was hotter, Christine or Stevie :) Great album

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/12/05 at 12:38 am

ummm..so do i  ??? ;)

Did I make a faux pas?  :-[

Tanya

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/12/05 at 1:07 am

Did I make a faux pas?  :-[

Tanya

hey Tanya!..hardly girl..i was feelin' a little bit old..that's all  ;D ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/12/05 at 11:04 am

^Okay!  :)

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/12/05 at 1:57 pm

Rumours for me, believe it or not I just got this on CD, I have the original album and the cassette which I've long lost the case for. I remember being at a buddies house when I was 13 or 14 in 77 or 78, his older brother brought the album home and we listened to it a few times over, and as 14 year old boys would do, discussed who was hotter, Christine or Stevie :) Great album
I was a little older then....17 in '77 when it came out. Me and my friends played the hell out of it. I liked the entire LP, but always like Second Hand News, Go Your Own Way and The Chain, best. When I found Silver Springs was not included, I thought they should've definately should have included it. I believe it's on the CD?

Written By: gord on 01/13/05 at 5:17 am

No , Silver Springs isn't on the CD, Why was it left off the album ? Was it recorded to go on Rumours but left off, or was it a song they had from previous recording ? Great song :)

Check for new replies or respond here...