inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember this remote control toy?

Written By: judgetommy on 01/11/05 at 9:37 am

This remote control toy came out in the late 70's, I believe.  It was a van; the first year it came out, it was yellow, and then, the second version was black.  The interesting thing about the toy was that it was pretty ancient remote control.  The remote control was actually like a "clicker", and every time you would click it, the van would change direction.  For example, the van would be going straight, and then, when you clicked the control, it would turn left, then another click would make it go straight, and another would make it go right and so fourth.  If anyone remembers what it was called, I would appreciate a reply.  Thanks.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember this remote control toy?

Written By: Carrie on 01/11/05 at 10:22 pm

I don't know what it is, but it is funny that it was a van remote control. Vans were so big in the 70's.

Written By: judgetommy on 01/16/05 at 8:44 am

I have a feeling I'm not going to find this; it looks like it was around only a few years and wasn't very popular.  Thanks anyway.

Written By: Allie Fox on 01/16/05 at 10:50 pm

The toy you are referring to is the "Max Machine".

Written By: judgetommy on 01/17/05 at 6:17 pm

Allie, wow, thank you so much; that's the one.  I've been looking for this for a while now.  I really appreciate it.  Take care.

Check for new replies or respond here...