inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: please help?

Written By: sinz on 01/17/05 at 8:18 pm

i have a very vague question... but i am begging for help from anyone who can help...  i *need* to know the name of a song... but i don't know who the band is, nor do i know any of the lyrics to the song.  i just remember that it has male vocals, and the chorus is really catchy, acoustic, and has clapping.  any ideas??  please???

<3

Subject: Re: please help?

Written By: Butterball on 01/17/05 at 8:27 pm

i have a very vague question... but i am begging for help from anyone who can help...  i *need* to know the name of a song... but i don't know who the band is, nor do i know any of the lyrics to the song.  i just remember that it has male vocals, and the chorus is really catchy, acoustic, and has clapping.  any ideas??  please???

<3

Well that narrows it down a little. We know it's not the Supremes. ;) I'm afraid we are going to need a little...no, alot more info than that. Sorry.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/05 at 8:39 pm

would this be some sort of disco song? ???

Howard

Written By: sinz on 01/17/05 at 10:16 pm

there is nooooo disco to this at all :) 

and i really wish i had more info on it... but this is really all i've got...

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/17/05 at 10:43 pm

Hmmm time to play a little Sherlock Holmes here  ::)

- Are you sure it's a 70's song (ie does it sound like 70's)
- The vocals - does it sound like only one person, or a bunch of people?  If only one, is there backup vocals?  If so, male or female?
- Is it a fast or medium speed song?
- Does the voice(s) sound ethnic at all, or no?
- Is it a high pitched voice?  Deep voice?
- Is the clapping throughout the song?  At the beginning?  In the chorus only?  Not in the chorus?
- Any other distinctive instruments (besides guitar, bass, or drums) you picked up?

Answering any of these questions might help  ;)

Written By: sinz on 01/17/05 at 11:13 pm

*  it sounds 70's... though there's a possibility that it's late 60's.  i'm going by what my mom said for era.
*  usually 1 singer, male, typical voice... but there were other guys in the chorus.
*  it's up-beat throughout, but not really fast.
*  the clapping is only in the chorus... and it sort of reminded me of something that'd be great around a campfire...

:)

Written By: karen on 01/18/05 at 4:17 am

sinz

can you remember any words at all?  Even one or two from the chorus or beginning might help.

was the clapping just keeping time with the rhythm or was it in a distinctive pattern i.e. words then clapping pattern, then words then clapping pattern?

Written By: eightieschick53 on 01/18/05 at 7:11 am

I have an idea of what the song might have been...was the song Clap for the Wolfman by the Guess Who? There was a man singing and there was hands clapping in this song. It was a very catchy song, I don't know if it was an acoustic song though.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/05 at 4:34 pm

A lot of disco,funk or classic rock songs had to have at least some clapping in it.Could it be possible to know the first line to it? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/18/05 at 4:35 pm

*  it sounds 70's... though there's a possibility that it's late 60's.  i'm going by what my mom said for era.
*  usually 1 singer, male, typical voice... but there were other guys in the chorus.
*  it's up-beat throughout, but not really fast.
*  the clapping is only in the chorus... and it sort of reminded me of something that'd be great around a campfire...

:)

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood Santa Esmarelda? ???

Howard

Written By: sinz on 01/18/05 at 11:00 pm

no luck :(

it's possible that the beginning was kinda epic... in a Pictures at an Exhibition kinda way... then again, it coulda just been an ELP song before it...

i really don't know... :(  i just know that i want to hear this song again.  thank you all for trying to help though...

Written By: mrgazpacho on 01/19/05 at 7:32 am

For some reason the "epic Mussorgsky opening" reminds me of I Don't Like Mondays by Bob Geldof's old band, The Boomtown Rats. Heck, it's even got clapping. Of course, it's a lot newer than the 60s...

Written By: Mergal on 01/19/05 at 8:35 am

Does the song contain these lyrics, "...they call him the rapper...."

Written By: Howard on 01/19/05 at 3:53 pm

Bon,Bon,Vie TS Monk? ???

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 01/19/05 at 6:19 pm

Saturday Night by the Bay City Rollers?

Written By: Banks on 01/20/05 at 1:25 am

Could it have been Led Zeppelins Bron-Y-Aur Stomp...?

Also, I cant think of the name of the song, but it goes, "3,6,9, the goose drank wine, the monkey chewed tobacco on the street power lines, the line broke, the monkey got choked, and they all went to heaven in a little row boat, clap clap, clap clap." I know it was done in the 80's as a dance song, but I also have memories of it before that with an accoustic guitar accompanyment and sung by a male.

AN

Check for new replies or respond here...