inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Okay, who watched it?

Written By: kairi747 on 01/22/05 at 11:03 pm

Anyone see the NEW (and definitely NOT improved) Partridge Family?!  It was so much worse than I even thought it would be.  They went way too far with trying to update the story line.  They cahnged too much.  The father left the family and guess who it turns out to be?  Yep, the original Danny Partridge, Danny Bonaduce, who now has a life partner (a guy).  It was really pathetic.  I'm sure the people who did not make it to the finals in the well-advertised and aired audition shows are very pleased now, not to be a part of it.  :-X

Subject: Re: Okay, who watched it?

Written By: gord on 01/23/05 at 9:44 am

I had no idea there was a new Partridge Family, did they keep the bus ? :)

Written By: Howard on 01/23/05 at 9:45 am

Who was a part of this new Partridge Family? ???

Howard

Written By: lorac614 on 01/23/05 at 9:48 am

I watched the some of "try-outs" for the cast of the new Partridge family on VH1. I haven't seen the show, is it also on VH1?

Written By: AchtungBaby on 01/23/05 at 2:06 pm

I admit - I stomached 5 minutes of it.  Then when they started to sing "I think I love you" that is when my 7 year old said "Change it."  Could not agree with her more!! ::)

Written By: kairi747 on 01/24/05 at 7:53 am

yes, they kept the bus.  they changed what it said on the back but I don't remember to what - i lost interest very quickly!  turns out, it was an old reo speedwagon bus.  i'm telling you, the show was so lame.  i doubt we'll get to the second episode!

Written By: kairi747 on 01/24/05 at 7:56 am

they held auditions on vh1 for the family parts, so they are all unknowns.  the part of reuben kincaid is played by that guy - i think he's from third rock - i think his name is french or something like that. he's the big name on the show - prety scary, huh?  it was so unpartridge-like, they kept beeping almost everything out that he said (pretend bad language.)  it was so bad.

Written By: kairi747 on 01/24/05 at 7:57 am

yes, it's also on vh1.  don't look too hard for it though!!  i'd be surprised if there is an episode 2!

Written By: kairi747 on 01/24/05 at 7:58 am

I admit - I stomached 5 minutes of it.  Then when they started to sing "I think I love you" that is when my 7 year old said "Change it."  Could not agree with her more!! ::)
you made a wise choice!

Written By: gord on 01/24/05 at 5:07 pm

yes, they kept the bus.  turns out, it was an old reo speedwagon bus. 

that's cool :)

Written By: Allie Fox on 01/25/05 at 8:01 am

I saw the last two or three minutes of an episode yesterday.  :\'(  It looks awful.

The preview of the next episode shows Danny Boneduce as Mr. Partridge.  Mr. Partridge with a "life partner." ::)

Written By: kairi747 on 01/26/05 at 10:36 am

I saw the last two or three minutes of an episode yesterday.  :\'(  It looks awful.

The preview of the next episode shows Danny Boneduce as Mr. Partridge.  Mr. Partridge with a "life partner." ::)

if they ever air another episode.  i believe they were on;y obligated to do one episode and if it took off, i thought another network was going to pick it up.  i'm not really sure about this though.

Written By: kydolphin34 on 01/27/05 at 6:32 pm

I also watched about 5 or 10 mintues of it, and HATED it!  And I didn't even know about the Danny Bonaduce thing!  That makes it 100 times worse!!  Somethings you just need to leave alone. 

Check for new replies or respond here...