inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Were you lucky enough to see LED ZEPPELIN in the late 60's/Early 70's?

Written By: keith lambert on 01/24/05 at 5:00 am

Hello All,

I wondered if there was anybody out there who was lucky enough to experience the 'Hammer Of The Gods' first hand in the late 60's or early 70's?

I am currently researching material for my book about Led Zeppelin's on stage history. There are quite a few books around documenting Zeppelin's live history but this will be specifically constructed from an audience members point of view. It will be based around the memories and anecdotes of those who saw the band "in concert" and perhaps even those who were there but didn't particularly want to be! (eg. police, security guards, venue staff, etc) I'm also interested in hearing from anybody who may have captured the performance on a portable tape recorder. The tapes speak volumes and are an excellent way of corroborating each performance.

I've been working on this for about 6 years and it's heavy going! If you can help, please get in touch via the following address; zepresearch-appeal@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Keith.

Subject: Re: Were you lucky enough to see LED ZEPPELIN in the late 60's/Early 70's?

Written By: gord on 01/24/05 at 5:06 pm

I saw this thread early this morning and was hoping by now someone would have said "yes I saw them" good luck on the research :)

Subject: Re: Were you lucky enough to see LED ZEPPELIN in the late 60's/Early 70's?

Written By: keith lambert on 01/25/05 at 8:35 am

Thanks for the good luck message Gord; I hope a few people will come forward, fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Keith.

Written By: Banks on 01/28/05 at 11:41 pm

Okay...My cousin saw Led Zeppelin in Sydney in 1972....Ive not seen nor heard from him for a while, but if you'd like I could try to contact him and ask him any questions you would like to ask him if you like?

Just PM me and let me know.

I cant primise that I can find him, nor can I promise that he will want to answer questions (although, if its about Led Zeppelin I think he would love to talk about his experiences seeing them live in concert considering last time I saw him we spent the entire night listening to his old 8 track Led Zeppelin albums on an extremely high volume!!!)

AN

Written By: scarletgail on 01/29/05 at 10:57 pm

i saw them in 72 in portland oregon they were awesome no opening band just them for 2 1/2 hrs :)

Written By: scott on 02/04/05 at 4:59 pm

saw zeppelin at the spectrum in philly march 1975 great show and was blown away by the bow segment of dazed and confused.bought a ticket in the parking lot for 35 dollars.the hardest working band ever..Scott

Check for new replies or respond here...