inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Some Thoughts on The Brady Bunch

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/12/05 at 2:32 am

I liked the Brady Bunch.  :D  I know it from Nick at Nite and although I know I shouldn't like it, it being bad in so many ways, I find it a bit intriguing.  Well not intriguing but entertaining.  It's kinda like the Full House of its day.  FH is better though  8)

Subject: Re: Some Thoughts on The Brady Bunch

Written By: Butterball on 02/12/05 at 9:32 pm

Back in the day b4 the days of cable you appreciated tv more. So old reruns that we see today were not actually that bad.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/05 at 6:15 pm

Brady Bunch was more entertaining that Full House.

Howard

Written By: Skippy on 02/15/05 at 1:30 am

I like watching the fashions changing throughout the series. It says a lot about the 70's. I had such a crush on Jan too.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/16/05 at 10:09 pm

I like watching the fashions changing throughout the series. It says a lot about the 70's. I had such a crush on Jan too.
So did I!

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/16/05 at 10:18 pm

Wow, I'm not the only one that thought Jan was cute(well, I thought this from watching re-runs obviously). Interesting show, I mean yeah it was kinda cheesy but in a good way. My dad used to say it was like the 70s if the 60s had never happened. I thought the two movies were hilarious.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/16/05 at 11:18 pm

Brady Bunch was more entertaining that Full House.

Howard

Blasphemy!  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/16/05 at 11:26 pm

Ummmmmmm.... I like The Partridge Family alot more!

Ducking and waiting for stuff to be thrown at him......  ::)  ;D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/16/05 at 11:29 pm

Does anyone here think Brady Bunch was the Full House of its time?  I mean 3 girls (Marcia, Jan, Cindy:D.J.,Stephanie,Michelle), Alice:Joey  ;D, Danny:Dad, Jesse:????  :D, and the boys in Brady Bunch:Jesse's Twins. 

Interestingly, the characters on Full House have even cited the parallels in the shows.  ???

-FHF  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/17/05 at 10:22 am

Does anyone here think Brady Bunch was the Full House of its time?  I mean 3 girls (Marcia, Jan, Cindy:D.J.,Stephanie,Michelle), Alice:Joey  ;D, Danny:Dad, Jesse:????  :D, and the boys in Brady Bunch:Jesse's Twins. 

Interestingly, the characters on Full House have even cited the parallels in the shows.  ???

-FHF  ;)

Now that you mentioned it...  ::)

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/17/05 at 11:25 am

LOVED the show  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/17/05 at 11:56 am

LOVED the show  :)

Ditto!  :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/18/05 at 1:13 am

Ditto!  :D

of course  ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/18/05 at 1:14 am

of course  ;)

;D ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/18/05 at 6:57 am

I can't help myself any longer  :P

Here is something I posted on another board some time ago - it seems appropriate to this topic :  ;D

I gotta say this !

Like most kids around my age in the western world, we would all sit down of an afternoon and watch The Brady Bunch.  Then we watched the re-runs and the re-runs and the endless re-runs of the same episodes...

And we all had emblazened into our consciousness such earth-shattering events as :

Mike "We've all learned a valuable lesson here today"

Greg "Morning Mike, morning Carol", "Far Out"

Marcia "Groovy", "Ow, my nose, I think it's broken" (if only)  :D

Peter "Brown Cowboy Boots", "Wow, I'm a hero!"

Jan "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...", "I wrecked the picture because I was riding my bike without my glasses on" (twit)  ::)

Bobby "Hall monitor Nazi", "Joint world Teeter-Totter champeen for his age", "Where's my Kazoo?"

Cindy "Kitty Carry-all", "Dont tattle", "also teeter-totter glory"

Then there was Sam.  He was a butcher.  A blue collar worker.  He just got called Sam.  He didn't have a surname    Presumably Sam would slip a bit of meat to Alice on the side when no-one was looking - let's face it, you can't go tenpin bowling ALL your life, no matter how much you may want to .....  ;)

Mr Phillips mind you was a professional man.  A man of bearing.  He had no first name    Even when Carol was getting right up him and calling his boat a "Broken Down Barnacle Barge", she was still civil to him  ::)

Then we get to Alice.  Poor Alice.  She used to work for Mr Brady and his three sons....  Then 'that woman' came along, and all of a sudden she is doing the work of eight !  >:(

And I bet she never got a payrise either.  Let's face it, any employer that requires you to address them as "Mr and Mrs Brady", when their offspring are welcome to call your boyfriend and you by your first names, seem hardly likely to consider the 100% plus increase in workload.  :(

Which brings us to Mrs Brady.  Poor Carol.    Let's face it, she was worked to the bone.  Cleaning ?  I think i saw her with the occasional dusting rag in her hand....?  Washing ?  Forget it !  Vacuuming ?  Alice's job !  She must have been all tuckered out from having to supervise Alice all day  ;D

I swear, that dog of theirs was the only normal one in the whole show    No wonder it stayed in the kennel most of the time  :P

Did I watch to much TV when I was young ?  Nope  ;D

Written By: Paul on 02/18/05 at 7:02 am

I do remember it, but my sisters lapped it up more than I did...I think I was still getting my head around 'Scooby-Doo'...!

For some reason, I'm also vaguely reminded of an animated series of 'TBB' - or am I going mad?

Presumably Sam would slip a bit of meat to Alice on the side when no-one was looking

I am NOT going to read ANYTHING into this sentence...!!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/18/05 at 7:14 am

If nothing else Paul, it proves to me you read the whole thing carefully  :)

Written By: Paul on 02/18/05 at 7:26 am

If nothing else Paul, it proves to me you read the whole thing carefully  :)

Thank you - I do try...

After a quick phone call to a friend, I find I wasn't going mad (thank heaven...!) - there was an animated series, entitled 'The Brady Kids'...

Written By: Skippy on 02/18/05 at 11:08 pm

Has anyone ever seen the 2 Stupid Dogs cartoon parady on the Brady Bunch? Has to be one of the all time best toons. There's a song about mowing astr-turf, a parody of Bobby's "Mom always says don't play ball in the house" line. At the end they all tell the lessons they learned.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Magic Pudding on 02/20/05 at 5:50 am

I can't help myself any longer  :P

Here is something I posted on another board some time ago - it seems appropriate to this topic :  ;D

I gotta say this !

Like most kids around my age in the western world, we would all sit down of an afternoon and watch The Brady Bunch.  Then we watched the re-runs and the re-runs and the endless re-runs of the same episodes...

And we all had emblazened into our consciousness such earth-shattering events as :

Mike "We've all learned a valuable lesson here today"

Greg "Morning Mike, morning Carol", "Far Out"

Marcia "Groovy", "Ow, my nose, I think it's broken" (if only)  :D

Peter "Brown Cowboy Boots", "Wow, I'm a hero!"

Jan "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...", "I wrecked the picture because I was riding my bike without my glasses on" (twit)  ::)

Bobby "Hall monitor Nazi", "Joint world Teeter-Totter champeen for his age", "Where's my Kazoo?"

Cindy "Kitty Carry-all", "Dont tattle", "also teeter-totter glory"

Then there was Sam.  He was a butcher.  A blue collar worker.  He just got called Sam.  He didn't have a surname    Presumably Sam would slip a bit of meat to Alice on the side when no-one was looking - let's face it, you can't go tenpin bowling ALL your life, no matter how much you may want to .....  ;)

Mr Phillips mind you was a professional man.  A man of bearing.  He had no first name    Even when Carol was getting right up him and calling his boat a "Broken Down Barnacle Barge", she was still civil to him  ::)

Then we get to Alice.  Poor Alice.  She used to work for Mr Brady and his three sons....  Then 'that woman' came along, and all of a sudden she is doing the work of eight !  >:(

And I bet she never got a payrise either.  Let's face it, any employer that requires you to address them as "Mr and Mrs Brady", when their offspring are welcome to call your boyfriend and you by your first names, seem hardly likely to consider the 100% plus increase in workload.  :(

Which brings us to Mrs Brady.  Poor Carol.    Let's face it, she was worked to the bone.  Cleaning ?  I think i saw her with the occasional dusting rag in her hand....?  Washing ?  Forget it !  Vacuuming ?  Alice's job !  She must have been all tuckered out from having to supervise Alice all day  ;D

I swear, that dog of theirs was the only normal one in the whole show    No wonder it stayed in the kennel most of the time  :P

Did I watch to much TV when I was young ?  Nope  ;D

This is hysterical, FussBudget  ;D

Scary thing is I remember all of that and  I could probably add a few more quotes to your list!  :o :D ;)

Written By: jackas on 02/20/05 at 9:24 am

This is hysterical, FussBudget  ;D

Scary thing is I remember all of that and  I could probably add a few more quotes to your list!  :o :D ;)

You forgot their cousin Oliver.  He always had bad luck.

Oh, and the dog.  What was his name, Oscar?

Written By: 1234567 on 02/21/05 at 2:20 am

Oh, and the dog.  What was his name, Oscar?

Tiger

Written By: jackas on 02/21/05 at 10:08 am

Tiger

There you go!  Thanks.

Written By: Webstor on 02/23/05 at 6:05 pm

Would you think that Kimmy Gibbler in FH was paralell to Cousin Oliver ?? Both annoying as hell....

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/23/05 at 7:03 pm

Would you think that Kimmy Gibbler in FH was paralell to Cousin Oliver ?? Both annoying as hell....

Can't remember Cousin Oliver.  But most likely.

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/25/05 at 5:55 am

The Brady Bunch was so fun to watch because it was so cheesy, it was like watching the Osmonds or something. They were more like a family from the 50s stuck in the 70s. On a similar note, they should make a seperate animated series based around the Flanders on the Simpsons.

Check for new replies or respond here...