inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Talking Heads: 70s or 80s band?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 11:18 pm

I'd say 80s because they're part of New Wave.

Subject: Re: Talking Heads: 70s or 80s band?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/13/05 at 11:35 pm

much of their material came out in the 80s, i always assumed they were an 80s band.

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/14/05 at 12:21 am

In all fairness, I'd say both. They did form in the mid-70's originally playing semi-punk('77, Buildings And Food, & Fear Of Music), but when the 80's began their sound had evolved into new wave(Remain In Light, Speaking In Tongues, & Stop Making Sense). And they continued to change throughout the 80's with dance, pop-rock and world music(Little Creatures, True Stories, & Naked). Now that's progressive!

If you really want to hear how TH stayed current over the decade and a half they were together, I recommend you pick up Sand In The Vaseline, their greatet hits album, released just before they said goodbye in 1991/2. It's also worth it for the half dozen tracks that are only available here, like "Sugar On My Tongue", "Gangster Of Love", & "Popsicle".

Any other thoughts?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/14/05 at 1:26 pm

70s since they formed then and were known underground.

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...