inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Subject: anyone remember a pink hippo? revisited

Written By: gary on 03/05/05 at 8:09 pm

from the old topic started by jalmodovar in 3-30-2004:
Subject: anyone remember a pink hippo?
Written By: jalmodovar on 03/30/04 at 09:03:57
My baby sister used to own this pink hippo as a child. I "think" it was called adorable dora. It was this female pink hippo dressed in a pink dress with a microphone in her hand. She was standing on a pink stage that had a microphone input and speakers. when you turned this thing on and spoke into the mike, she swayed at the hips and her mouth opened and closed as if she was speaking using your voice. ?I might be mistaken on the name which could account for why it is taking me over 2 years to even locate a reference to this toy. My sister held onto this doll until she was 23 and moved out of my parents home but she left the doll behind and my mother tossed it. Any help on this? thanks
MY REPLY: I HAVE THIS VERY ITEM SITTING HERE WITH ME! email or call me for more info about it!

Subject: Re: Subject: anyone remember a pink hippo? revisited

Written By: Allyson76 on 07/05/05 at 5:58 pm

I was just thinking of this very toy last night when I visited with my mother.  I have searched all over the internet for even a reference of picture of it but can't find anything.  I had one of those toys when I was about 6, got it for xmas and I used to love that thing and yes, I do believe the name is Adorable Dora, is how I remember it.  I wish I would have saved mine too, my kids would have gotten a kick out of it.

Subject: Re: Subject: anyone remember a pink hippo? revisited

Written By: ang on 07/21/05 at 8:13 am

There was a morning show called NEW ZOO REVIEW that had a pink hippo in a dress that sang (Henrietta Hippo).There eas also Freddie the Frog and also an Owl character.Hope this helps!!

Check for new replies or respond here...