inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: mash trivia

Written By: dale imschweiler on 03/29/05 at 10:46 am

anyone know who radar oreiily was talking to on his radio during the show?

Subject: Re: mash trivia

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/05 at 12:25 pm

anyone know who radar oreiily was talking to on his radio during the show?

The charactor's name was Sparky. I don't know if there was an actor behind the voice because I don't ever remember hearing Sparky answer.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/29/05 at 12:49 pm

The charactor's name was Sparky. I don't know if there was an actor behind the voice because I don't ever remember hearing Sparky answer.

Cat
I don't recall ever seeing him either, though I thought just maybe they did show him once ???

Written By: Wraith on 04/07/05 at 1:06 am

Actually, check out the "Tuttle" Episode.  Radar is talking with Sparky and they have a short dialouge where Sparky is revealed  and Sparky even  introduces himself to Maj. Houlihan as "HQ Seoul, Sgt Pryor' when she is trying to reach General Clayton....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/05 at 2:01 pm

Actually, check out the "Tuttle" Episode.  Radar is talking with Sparky and they have a short dialouge where Sparky is revealed  and Sparky even  introduces himself to Maj. Houlihan as "HQ Seoul, Sgt Pryor' when she is trying to reach General Clayton....

I remember the "Tuttle" episode (one of the funniest IMO) but I don't remember that scene. I will take your word for it.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/12/05 at 5:56 pm

Yep! Dennis Fimple played "Sparky" in the "Tuttle" episode. This is the only picture I could find of him though. I also do recall Radar talking to Saparky in later epsodes...and it was a different actor.

http://gfx.filmweb.pl/p/9079/po.77387.jpg

Written By: Arvig on 04/15/05 at 3:07 am

Actually, check out the "Tuttle" Episode.  Radar is talking with Sparky and they have a short dialouge where Sparky is revealed  and Sparky even  introduces himself to Maj. Houlihan as "HQ Seoul, Sgt Pryor' when she is trying to reach General Clayton....

LOL...believe it or not they almost could have made Sparky to be Richard Pryor.  Well okay, the Korean War was a bit early.  Reason I say this is because Richard Pryor did serve in the Army, but he was a paratrooper stationed in Germany in the late 50's or early 60's.  My dad was in the service at the same time, he knew who he was, although of course he wasn't famous at the time.

Oh well...it would almost work to have had Sparky be Richard Pryor....I mean the show lasted a good 10 year or so, give or take, so having someone who served 8 or 10 years after the Korean war ended almost works.  ;)

Err...this makes sense, right?

Check for new replies or respond here...