inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: canadian group? Where'd they go?

Written By: saver on 04/06/05 at 11:35 am

I thought I asked this elsewhere but guess not..

In the mid-late 70's a cool song by a canadian group 'The Bells' sang STAY AWHILE....Are they still around or become known for anything more?
(or as the pun goes- guess they DIDN'T STAY-kinda like the I will Survive joke).. :-\\

Subject: Re: canadian group? Where'd they go?

Written By: whistledog on 02/26/06 at 4:53 pm

"Stay Awhile" was a hit in 1971.  It was one of many hits they had from 1969-1973.  In 1973, keyboardist Frank Mills went solo as an instrumental pianist.  He is of course best known to American audiences for his 1979 #1 hit "Music Box Dancer", but had many more hits in Canada such as "Peter Piper" and "Chickadee"

Subject: Re: canadian group? Where'd they go?

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/28/06 at 3:37 am

Fly Little White Dove,Fly is a great song..i can send it to you if you'd like it  :)

Subject: Re: The Bells canadian group? Where'd they go?

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/06 at 6:42 pm

UPDATE:  The Bells are re-grouping for a one night only show here in my lovely city.  I wonder if maybe they will get back to gether permanently and tour?  Probably not  :\'( 

http://www.kingstonthisweek.com/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=31955&catname=Arts+%26+Entertainment&classif=Entertainment%20-%20Local

Check for new replies or respond here...